Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 01, 2010, 11:40:34 PM #600 Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 11:45:50 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Quote from: Virgil0211 on December 01, 2010, 11:39:17 PM*shudders* Coming back... coming back... coming baaack....

REAL CAPTAIN OLIMAR!
IF YOU'RE READING THIS COME BACK!!! I MISS YOU!
VIRGIL0211 IS LYING! HE MISSES YOU TOO!
WE ALL MISS YOU!!!!
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

December 01, 2010, 11:55:19 PM #601 Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:12:32 AM by Virgil0211
Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on December 01, 2010, 11:40:34 PM
REAL CAPTAIN OLIMAR!
IF YOU'RE READING THIS COME BACK!!! I MISS YOU!
VIRGIL0211 IS LYING! HE MISSES YOU TOO!

:P

YOU WILL NOT BRING HIM BACK!!! YOU SHALL NOT!!!
DU WERDEST EINE KRAKENSCWESTER BRACHEN!!
ICH WERDE SICH TOETEN!!!!
NI3 BU2 SHI4 DONG1 XI5!!!!
KUTABARE!!!
BAKA ITTENAI-YO!!!
OBOETERO-YO!!!

Um... yeah... I'm not lying.

Maybe he'll come back if you say his name three times while looking into a mirror?

"Time Cube's Law: The probability of an author being a crackpot is directly proportional to the length of their webpage."--Guncriminal

The source is @5:20 in this video - [yt]tnOwLjg8EYU[/yt] 
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

[yt]LRtf1aCU-As[/yt]

[yt]oOGq_1710U4[/yt]

"It seems to me that the entire modus operandi of politics is the oversimplification of problems and the overcomplication of solutions." --Me again. I do have my moments...

"Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)."--Source

December 04, 2010, 08:02:33 PM #608 Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 11:39:12 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
EDIT:  A note to Shane - the following are only talking about minarchists who believe in monopoly governments (like eagleeye1975 on youtube).  The following DO NOT apply to you, so ignore them.
[yt]xCzNTfAPFUQ[/yt]

If you don't feel like watching the video, this image sums it up quite nicely:

Explanation:
"Negative rights
If I take your stuff, I'm invoking that I have more rights than you. That you do not have the right to the stuff but that I do. Negative rights rejects this. It is egalitarian regarding actions. If something is bad for one (to do), it is bad for all.

Positive rights
I have a right to something. Society owes me. This implies that there is a right to supply this, and also a right to take from others to supply this. Implied is also that it is the state that can take and supply this. If everybody has a right to things and has the right to decide what, and has the right to take it, then you're at pure chaos and might makes right. Suggesting universality to people who believe in positive rights, namely that if it's good to coercively provide X then it should be good for anyone to coercively provide X, is usually quickly rejected. They don't reject the proposition that it's good to coercively provide X but that it should be good for anyone. So they believe in public law different from private law. If I steal from my neighbor and give it to my parents it's theft. If a police man steals from my neighbor and gives it to my parents then it's social welfare."

"GW [Global Warming] is real, AGW [Anthropogenic Global Warming] is only 90% likely,

AGW Apocalypse is religion."--KerryOakley

[yt]ya1LxHtfSLI[/yt]
Scroll to 5:15 to see the Win Quote.  ;D

[yt]urC-1cjh13s[/yt]
Another satirical masterpiece by Morrakiu.  :D

[yt]hCovYF51qHE[/yt]

I swear, at least half of what comes out of Stargazer5781's mouth is epic win.
From the following video's comment section: [yt]vvTfZlLnnkU[/yt]

"Pretty much why I asked the questions at the end the way I did. If you spend more than 60 seconds trying to answer them you realize how much of a non-solution the state is (though I'd be EXTREMELY impressed if someone actually gave coherent answers). The state and God make the same fallacies, might as well use the same methods against them."

"Democracy is a barbaric, inherently unsustainable political system resting on the pernicious fundamental illusion that the rubes and yahoos - universally acknowledged by the precious few capable of serious, sustained thought to be incapable of mental development very far beyond the age of ten - can somehow, despite their individual asininity, ascend to the zenith of wisdom when only they aggregate into a single mass. The people will only elect those like them: short-sighted fools."--IvanTheHeathen on this video's comment section