Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
"According to the labor theory of value, the workers could have gone to a vacant lot, and produced the same amount of wealth by replicating the same physical actions they undertook working for the greedy capitalist, this time without a building and without any equipment, management, customers or business plan. If we take away the greedy capitalist, these little details must go as well. Just think of Marcel Marceau pretending to work. That's right. You syndicalists pretend to work and we capitalists will pretend to pay you."--James Ostrowski
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

I'm shameless plugging again but oh well...

One can never conclude rationally that the government is righteous for the simple reason that the government does not abide by it's own stated moral principles. You can practice what you preach and be wrong but you can never not practice what you preach and be right. - Me
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on November 21, 2010, 09:29:14 AM
I'm shameless plugging again but oh well...

One can never conclude rationally that the government is righteous for the simple reason that the government does not abide by it's own stated moral principles. You can practice what you preach and be wrong but you can never not practice what you preach and be right. - Me
As Stefan said, if using violence to achieve what is considered virtue is moral, then the state is still immoral for preventing us from doing what it does.
If using violence to achieve what is considered virtue is immoral, then the state is obviously immoral.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." - Ron Paul

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on November 22, 2010, 02:15:22 PM
"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." - Ron Paul

Posts like this make me wish they had the thumbs-up mod for SMF ready. Until then, have some more anti-bogons!

Quote from: MrBogosity on November 22, 2010, 03:50:58 PMthe thumbs-up mod for SMF
What's that?

Quote from: MrBogosity on November 22, 2010, 03:50:58 PMUntil then, have some more anti-bogons!
Thanks!  :D

"How about we tell all the old people to go fuck off like the dirty parasites they are and stop their legalized theft of younger people's income. I don't care if they have 'paid into the system,' I don't owe them shit."--FlowCell's comment on this video

Posted more for the middle and last parts.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on November 23, 2010, 06:32:13 PM
What's that?

Exactly what it says: lets you thumb up or down an individual post.

In my defense, I didn't know what SMF stood for. :P

Look at the bottom of the page...

Quote from: MrBogosity on November 23, 2010, 07:16:34 PM
Look at the bottom of the page...
lol, my bad.

"I will not settle for a compromise between freedom and statism [such as minarchy] for the same reason I will not settle for a compromise between rape and lovemaking."--Lord T Hawkeye, with the []'ed bit by me.

"You can't waste your vote unless you vote."--Penn

The video is also a fav quote.

[yt]b5H7Z5sbh-c[/yt]

"If you hate America so much, why don't you go to your libertarian paradise in SOMALIA!!! England is much better than Somalia, and it's because of and only because of their [Somalia's] current lack of a state and it has nothing to do with decades of fascist and later communist dictatorships or the current invasions from the UN and Muslims.

STATE = CIVILIZATION!!! My MACHO states will destroy your FEMININE anarchy! REAL WORLD!!! YEEEARRGH!!"--Fringeelements in this video's comment section