Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 21, 2010, 07:24:08 PM #540 Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 07:28:16 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
[yt]AUQG9PhDNnk[/yt]
Damn it, TJ was this close ->||<- to directly stating that private property is a way to conserve and protect the environment.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

"Keynes is like the Chicago Cubs of Economics. In both cases, repeated failure has been rewarded with undying fanatical devotion." --Tim Slagle (in a Facebook comment)

I was going to post this yesterday, but I figure now's as good a time as any other:

http://anarchyinyourhead.com/uploads/anti_vote_brochure_vers2.pdf
This is made of epic win.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

November 03, 2010, 05:34:57 PM #543 Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 12:07:19 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
"2 + 2 = a pink unicorn.

That's all they [statists] are arguing to begin with. 'The state' is a drop in replacement for god, as you have pointed out before. God can do anything, the state can do anything, laws of economics do not apply in the minds of statists. They will ride the titanic to the ocean floor."--Individualism101, highest rated comment on this video

[yt]yzTECVk8tVU[/yt]
Pretty good except for the area near the end when he starts talking about the politics of it; e.g. conflating corporations with business in general.

Yeah, there seems to be a real cognitive dissonance with him of late.

"You fool, don't you know Jesus was really Lucifer in disguise? It says so in this book I read from a long time ago that says it is 100% true, so it CAN'T be a lie. Jesus was really the devil, and he actually raped and pillaged his way through Israel. Then Optimus Prime, True King of the Jews, ate his head and tea-bagged his corpse. This event was recorded in this book by Fidel Castro's talking burro. If you don't believe it you're going to Richard Simmons' walk-in closet for all eternity."--338dmac on this video

From the fail quotes thread: http://whatinthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/
Definitely a win, in my honest opinion.

"History is the lie commonly agreed upon."--Voltaire

"None are more helplessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." --Goethe

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." --Gandhi

Was that quote from in between his racist rantings?

@Gumba Masta: You got that from cracked.com didn't you? :P

Made of win:
[yt]YP_iNCGH9kY[/yt]

Actually it was Bullshit.

November 10, 2010, 01:14:10 PM #554 Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 02:00:17 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
A very underrated article from the Mises Institute:
The Fallacy of Intellectual Property by Daniel Krawisz

Two related (much shorter, and very awesome) articles by Dale Everett:
Guest Comic by The Muslim Agorist
The Trouble With Selling Tribbles