Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
"Save the World.  Smash the State."--Me
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

"Sup dawg, I herd u didn't liek forming babby, but I accidentally in your base." --xkcd comic strip.

Thank Shane for getting me addicted to that.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: MrBogosity on December 31, 2009, 05:04:06 PM
"Communicating badly and then acting smug when you're misunderstood is not cleverness." --XKCD #169

Epic win.

And the mouseover text: "The fifth panel also applies to postmodernists."

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 05, 2010, 10:54:34 PM
True dat.

Here's another one:
"As if I needed another reason to hate AOL...The only reason I even use them at all is for the IM service they have, and only then because so many of my friends us it..."--me on the above comic strip.

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 05, 2010, 10:54:34 PM

For the love of god what exactly are postmodernists? I've never actually encountered one but everytime I try to read the wikipedia discription on it I just can't grasp exactly what these people are supposed to believe.
"Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?"

Quote from: The Late Andrew Ryan on April 06, 2010, 11:09:36 AM
For the love of god what exactly are postmodernists? I've never actually encountered one but everytime I try to read the wikipedia discription on it I just can't grasp exactly what these people are supposed to believe.
People who believe truth is relative, or something like that.

"Honey comes from 4chan."--1:32

Frederic Bastiat is very much underrated:

"Everyone wants to live at the expense of the state. They forget that the state wants to live at the expense of everyone."
"The state is the great fictitious entity by which everyone seeks to live at the expense of everyone else."
"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will."
"Taxes must, in the end, fall upon the consumer"

Apologies if any of these are re-posts.

April 09, 2010, 06:06:32 PM #309 Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 12:31:24 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
"The free market contains no coercive mechanism to grant special privileges to any one party. Only the government has the power to initiate coercion [in this fashion]. You want a single, monopolistic institution to have plenary power to order society as it sees fit, and you're going to pretend to be surprised when it turns out to be dominated by antisocial forces?"--Thomas E. Woods, Jr. Anatomy of an Economic Ignoramus

"as atheists, they see themselves as the epitome of reason, as modern liberals they view everyone either as dumb, helpless puppies, or greedy suit men. only through their great reason and higher morals can they guide all the morons to utopia, saving them from the exploitation of the suits.
it's a thin veneer of moralizing bullshit covering an ocean of malice and brutality." --junior00bacon00chee, Secession & retard liberals

"[W]e should pay people to dig a ditch and bury Keynesianism in it."

"Trying to cure a recession with more cheap credit is like trying to cure chemotherapy with more cancer."

from Daily Kos, of all places: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/3/1/8929/21462

"Taxes are the price we are forced to pay for the state, not civilization." --InTheEndIWasRight
"State =/= civilization" --Morrakiu

"Democracy is a failure.  Accept it and move on."--Me

"Yo Creationists, I'm really happy for you, I'mma let you finish but Charles Darwin had one of the best scientific theories of all time. One of the best scientific theories of all time!"--Me, and Kanye West.