Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 11, 2009, 01:51:47 PM #75 Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 04:51:25 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
(More insightful comments from this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM23TZxzOw8 )

Nyteaparty:  "This guy from Columbia got schooled."

APRtunedAudi:  "He sure did, Keynesian economists are probably the dumbest people on the planet.... its funny how the poster child for the Keynesian theory is now Robert Mugabe."

Me:  "Ha!
Robert Mugabe = Poster-boy for Keynesian Stupidity, or PKS.
I love it!"
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

"The Right to Bear Arms is not the Right to Hunt Deer. Our founding fathers were never worried about having the right to hunt taken away from them. The Right to Bear Arms is the right to arm one's population in the event an unjust government needs to be overthrown. Right now, the Right to Bear Arms is the only form of term limitations we have in the Constitution. That's why we need Uzis." --Tim Slagle

"I think the people who say we're going to die from Global Warming are the intellectual descendants of the people who said that if we didn't throw a virgin into the volcano a giant sea monster would come around and eat us. And then, sooner or later, there'd be an eclipse, and they'd say, 'See? We told you this would happen!' 'No, you said we'd be eaten by a giant sea monster.' 'Well, whaddya think's blocking out the sun?' 'Oh! Well, we'd better throw in a virgin, then! Sure hope we can find one...'" --Tim Slagle

"There was an audio book version of the book version of the film version of [Al Gore's] PowerPoint presentation ["An Inconvenient Truth"]. It was read by Beau Bridges, Blair Underwood, and Cynthia Nixon. Apparently, it took three actors to get through the whole thing without falling asleep." --Tim Slagle

So is that why Al Gore invented the Internet! That way at least someone listens to his speeches.

Thomas Paine, my favorite American of all time:

"Society is produced by our wants, government is produced by our wickedness...Society in every state is a blessing, but government, even in its best state is a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one."
From Common Sense

James Madison

"Religion. The inefficacy of this restraint on individuals is well known. The conduct of every popular Assembly, acting on oath, the strongest of religious ties, shows that individuals join without remorse in acts against which their consciences would revolt, if proposed to them separately in their closets."

From his letters to Jefferson

Richard Dawkins quoting a former editor of New Scientist Magazine

"Science is interesting, and if you don't like it you can fuck off."

"Al Gore has said that 'El Niño' is Spanish for 'Global Warming.' I think 'Al Gore' is Democratic for 'Dan Quayle.'" --Tim Slagle

December 13, 2009, 11:13:54 PM #82 Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 12:20:49 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
"I think Shane Killian is a pretty cool guy; eh pwns hoaxtards and creationists and doesn't afraid of anything!" - Me, in response to Guest655321 saying I looked like Shane's "lackey".
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

"What you are not permitted to do in a free market is use violence in the attempt to create an artificial scarcity." --Murray N. Rothbard, Power & Market

"As the area of your knowledge grows, so too does the perimeter of your ignorance." --Neil deGrasse Tyson

"Unless you are a creationist, a moon hoaxer and/or a State Cultist, in which case, there is no bound to the level of ignorance you will possess." --Me in response to the above quote.

That wasn't what he meant. What he said was basically, the more you learn, the more you realize there is to learn. The dogmatists keep their knowledge low, and so remain ignorant of their own ignorance.

Quote from: MrBogosity on December 21, 2009, 02:54:31 PM
That wasn't what he meant. What he said was basically, the more you learn, the more you realize there is to learn. The dogmatists keep their knowledge low, and so remain ignorant of their own ignorance.
Oh, I know what he meant and I whole-hardily agree with him.
I was just feeling snarky.

December 21, 2009, 05:10:00 PM #88 Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 12:42:57 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
"People say I'm indecisive but I don't know about that." --A U.S. President I can't remember the name of

"Most people call me a contrarian but I don't agree with them." Something I read somewhere, sometime by someone.