Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
J.P. Beaubien of  "Terrible Writing Advice" on Megacorporations:

[yt]AdfX3DOQ-yc[/yt]
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

Another one with Big Clive doing something fundamentally stupid.

[yt]-5R-KBa18ME[/yt]

Yes, he's (slightly) electrocuting himself to see if he can let go.  (As I understand it, the voltage is critical here.  The mains voltage in North America is 110-125 volts, which causes stronger muscle contractions than the 220-250 volts used in much of the rest of the world.  Clive, who works with this stuff all the time, as he works with things like event lighting, says in the video that the higher currents of a 240V arm-to-arm shock makes it less dangerous because it's less likely to put you into lethal ventricular fibrillation if something or someone gets you off the shock.)

In the "It couldn't happen to a more deserving guy" file...

I was perusing Glenn Greenwald's twitter timeline and happened upon his retweek of this gem from The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/25/michael-avenatti-extortion-arrested-charged-nike?CMP=twt_gu

Michael Avenatti has been arrested for trying (and FAILING) to extort Nike.  Recall, this is the guy who helped Stormy Daniels to try and sue Donald Trump, which he lost so hard SHE had to pay HIS lawyer.

It seems this guy is just a cyclone of fail.  This seems almost certain to have already been in progress when New Your prosecutors decided not to pursue felony abuse charges against him.  They may have decided this would be just as effective and a whole lot easier to prove.

Quote from: evensgrey on March 25, 2019, 03:00:21 PM
In the "It couldn't happen to a more deserving guy" file...

I was perusing Glenn Greenwald's twitter timeline and happened upon his retweek of this gem from The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/25/michael-avenatti-extortion-arrested-charged-nike?CMP=twt_gu

“When lawyers use their law licenses as weapons as a guise to extort payments for themselves, they are no longer acting as attorneys. They are acting as criminals.” Wow, doesn't this sound like every copyright infringement lawyer ever?

[yt]jCC8fPQOaxU[/yt]

Warren Buffet being called out (indirectly).

The guy goes claiming that he wants to help America, yet can't be bothered to help his own tenants.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Another one from Big Clive.  This time he isn't doing anything stupid to see what happens.  It's tales of Glasgow's George Square Christmas lights.

[yt]yPqpflkdt2o[/yt]

He includes a bunch of stuff about the politics of how the classic lights ended.

Two in one day!  (Yes, I'm a week behind in my YouTube videos.  I've been busy.)

Dave Jones chatting with vintage electronics hobbyist and winner of the 2005 Nobel Prize for Medicine Dr. Barry Marshal!

[yt]yPLA69a5OOU[/yt]

This is the guy who swallowed a suspension of the bacteria that cause stomach ulcers in order to prove that they really do that.  This has eliminated almost everything except a cocktail of antibiotics and antacids as the treatment of stomach ulcers which, unlike the older treatments, actually works.  As stomach ulcers can lead to stomach cancer, his work has saved many people al over the world from a lifetime of misery terminated with an extremely unpleasant death.

Legal Eagle breaks down the Sokovia accords from the MCU:

[yt]TDMd40a-A4c[/yt]

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on May 06, 2019, 08:24:46 PM
Legal Eagle breaks down the Sokovia accords from the MCU:

[yt]TDMd40a-A4c[/yt]

I'm now hooked on his channel. Owe you one!
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

The Joe Show made a video on Morsi's death. For once, he cut the comedy (which is normally what he does--well), and instead cut to the point: Morsi--for all his faults--stood for something: the hope and opportunity for a better future in Egypt: he was, afterall, a civilian elected in a free and fair election. That he was an asshole doesn't mean one shouldn't take pleasure in his death, nor try to cover up the obvious torture and mistreatment he underwent in his confinement.

[yt]C75fwhR5vcU[/yt]

-Jesse Cox

The part about Hitler thinking he was saving the world alone is worthy of a favorite quote. Everything from TIK cracking up when he points this out, to the music, to his continuing to point out the dangers of getting your premise wrong:

[yt]PQGMjDQ-TJ8[/yt]

-Jesse Cox

I was perusing the Log of Unexplained Locations on the SCP wiki, and I ran across this hillarious one:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/log-of-unexplained-locations/p/1#16

This is a sound stage dressed precisely as you would dress a sound stage to make a fake moon landing video...ON THE SURFACE OF THE MOON!  That's absolutely BRILLIANT!  (Yes, the writter misnamed a key item, but the intent is clear enough).

See the conqu'ring hero come!

[yt]Zgzh7oYqvmY[/yt]

He and a handful of others have all helped to bring down a poisoning ring in Uganda: I hope Myles' efforts will continue to yield success, and bring justice about for the victims!

-Jesse Cox

[yt]qtACBI1Txrc[/yt]

I mean, that's all I got. It's that impressive!

-Jesse Cox

TRIGGER WARNING: They don't work