Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MrBogosity on March 17, 2018, 01:27:52 PM
That looks different to the one we used, but it DEFINITELY had an effect. Cows did NOT like it. And it was MUCH more annoying to them than being poked with a stick.

Also, if they can be shocked by an electric fence (and they CAN), why wouldn't a cattle prod work?

Sheep apparently are rather a different matter.  They're notorious for ignoring electric fencing (unless recently shorn) due to their wool being an excellent insulator.  (Notice the type of shirt Big Clive is wearing in the video is conventionally made of wool.)

A most excellent speech by Sargon yesterday:

[yt]1CfbK9b4b5Q[/yt]

It is interesting that I can hardly tell the difference between the messages Sargon and Stephan are putting out these days.

Excellent mirco-critiques of stupid firearm accessories (including two that allow you to attach a pistol to a rifle or shotgun):

[yt]xe6M2Ht5i_g[/yt]

[spoiler]
Oh my god...a set of testicles you can install on a gun.

On the other hand, a stock with a compartment to carry a cleaning kit for the rifle or shotgun it's on sounds quite convenient, particularly if it's a gun you don't use often and/or requires something out of the ordinary in the cleaning kit.
[/spoiler]

[yt]PjfqAdoASo0[/yt]

Nice to see Rebel Media got their Gold Play Button.

Tim Pool from a few days ago:

[yt]pqffL_fJpww[/yt]

This is what happens when even a center-leftist actually looks at the data and declares that yes, capitalism is a good thing since it does so much good for so many people.

Here's the article he's working from:

https://ourworldindata.org/a-history-of-global-living-conditions-in-5-charts

I think this site has come up before.   Lots of good and useful stuff there.

When George Carlin quote were being added to this thread, this one seems to have been missed:

"Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be manners."  -George Carlin

And from Louis Rossmann (who, incidentally, is boosting the Libertarian candidate for NY Governor), borrowed from CBC News (who actually did a pro-consumer piece for a change):

[yt]o2_SZ4tfLns[/yt]

On camera, getting an Apple employee to quote $1200+ for a repair Louis would do for free.  And without generating large quantities of e-waste.

October 19, 2018, 02:09:55 PM #5122 Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 02:39:17 PM by Ibrahim90
Ahmed Al-messad's video is glorious!

[yt]DERcZ6elu3w[/yt]

it starts with the title: "planet Pot will slam into planet Earth"

It's his reply to a video from an Egyptian guy who's clearly on pot, where he says that the WWE predicted that a planet will slam into our own. Translation would take forever--he says a lot, but I'll just leave you with the start:

"
Quotecheers! feel at ease! Things have worked out for you "la-la"! You've lived your lives waiting for this night!!! By God I'm happy today guys!

Abu Fijl (lit. "father of radishes"): what's the matter? (basically)

What's the matter? well here, come, come take this wallet of mine, a gift from me to you! All my money to you! and my sunglasses which I have about me, I'll give them to you, too. And take these slippers, from me to you I give. Good people, I'm happy! I feel guys like I'm at a wedding!

Abu Fijl: Well, you know more than me: is it your wedding?

Whose wedding, you lowlife?! you're looking at me like I'm going to marry you! Well, you've done ill! I don't resort to desperate acts, abu fijle!". And anyway these are not mine, but rather, these slippers I bequeath to you. I want to bequeath all my possessions to you. These slippers are from my great-great-great-grandfather, bunga-bunga. He bequeathed them to me when  was little, and then I grew up, and the moment I have longed for has finally come. So these slippers I consider to have bequeathed to you, and they are now yours. Catch! They aren't to come back, abu fijl. I entrust them to you, so take them already, and relieve me of them, God damn your parents (lit. "those who blew into you")!

Anyway, once you get these slippers, you can go on instagram and write you're honored to have theese!

Abu Fijl: so why are you bequeathing everything, and are wearing a Tarha?

What, man?

Abu Fijl: the Tarha! Tarha!

you Billygoat, this isn't a Tarha, it's a shroud! Thank God, guys! The one who perseveres will get what he desires! And finally, the day I awaited has come! thanks O Lord! Thanks O Lord!

Abu Fijl: and what will happen to you today?

Dude, a large plane twill slam into us, and will rid us of this shitty life! Heaven protect! I've truly become happy, by God...Oh, wait, where you going, good people? before we get flattened and die, when the planet falls on us and squish us, don't forget to give this video 150K likes!

Some highlights

QuoteWell, I know WWE is a wrestling organization, but I trust them. Now, had it been WWF, I'd be more skeptical

QuoteYes, the WWE has established wrestling rings on Mars

Quote3aa-3a is this city they founded on Mars, it's really lovely and they built it to look like a toilet

Quote"here, let me drink down all this marijuana after you, so I can reach your level of comprehension

QuoteThis isn't a warning that a planet will collide with us! it's a commercial for pot! the Netherlands should adopt you!

QuoteI'm not sure what you're saying, but I totally agree with you

QuoteYou're absolutely right! Yeah, a lot of what you say is contradictory and makes no sense, but it's still right! it's like the Arab rulers, they issue contradictory edicts, then when confronted, say these are individual edicts, and then proceed to punish the low-level civil servants

QuoteThis kid reminds me of my school days, I'd go to an exam, and I wouldn't dream of leaving the test paper empty, so I'd fill it with everything from east to west, and I know I'll get zero cubed, and yet somehow I get it back the next day, and I find I made 11 out of 20; how did I come up with that, I have no idea. Finish your video big-shot!

QuoteWhy? What would be your problem, if the planet slams into us? My God you're a weirdo! Best not to tire me of you! I mean, is it conceivable That you have a problem? Dude, a blessing's coming on to you, and you refuse it?! What's your problem at the end of time? A planet wide and long, with mustaches like that of that one guy at the end of the alleyway, is coming to this shameful planet, and is going to slam into you and the God-damn retards who brought you into this world, and you have a problem? Why? Tell us, professor!

QuoteSo you're worried that it'll interfere with your travel plans?

QuoteOK I have a suggestion, Major-General--big shot: I say, we gather all people to one side of the Earth. We then spin the Earth around like a Hamster does, till it pops out of place. Then it'll veer off course, and the other plane twill not bump into us. It'll just slam into another planet instead. I just wished it'll take you out though.

QuoteThey shouldn't put you away as part of the war on Drugs--it fall under the Vice Squad. Why? because you raped my mind! You raped my entire though pattern!
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on October 19, 2018, 02:09:55 PM
Ahmed Al-messad's video is glorious!

[yt]DERcZ6elu3w[/yt]

it starts with the title: "planet Pot will slam into planet Earth"

It's his reply to a video from an Egyptian guy who's clearly on pot, where he says that the WWE predicted that a planet will slam into our own. Translation would take forever--he says a lot, but I'll just leave you with the start:

"
Some highlights

I am curious as to where the original commercial is from.  Canada legalized recreational weed three days ago, and there's private retailers in at least one Province.  (The law changed at local midnight, so it was legal first in Newfoundland And Labrador.  There was a shop in Saint John's that opened right at midnight to sell the first legal recreational pot in Canada.  The guy who bought it told the media he was going to frame it as a historical artifact.)

October 20, 2018, 06:57:51 PM #5124 Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 07:32:40 PM by Ibrahim90
Quote from: evensgrey on October 20, 2018, 06:11:50 PM
I am curious as to where the original commercial is from.  Canada legalized recreational weed three days ago, and there's private retailers in at least one Province.  (The law changed at local midnight, so it was legal first in Newfoundland And Labrador.  There was a shop in Saint John's that opened right at midnight to sell the first legal recreational pot in Canada.  The guy who bought it told the media he was going to frame it as a historical artifact.)

Well, all these lines were sarcastic to an extent: I mean, you'd be a walking pot advertisement too if you thought a WWE preview was real news..

as to the original WWE commercial? not sure. Let me look and see. EDIT: yeah, I can't find anything matching what the Egyptian dude said.

Anyway, another (this has English closed captions):

[yt]5Cwj1eqSv3Y[/yt]

Another captioned one:
[yt]lABey_3oee8[/yt]
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

OK, Louis Rossmann finally did it:

[yt]xnbOim9PKMo[/yt]

A 16:30 video about his adorable cats.  Not as epic as his recent screed about how he's going to cost Apple one hundred thousand times what they're costing him with their screwing around with Customs, but pretty cool.

[yt]Z_RE6i7OkYg[/yt]

@ 8:42: Palestinians are protesting Mahmoud Abbas' plans for a social security program (the West Bank is one of the few places without it). This by itself is win, but then Nicolas Khoury explains the problem in more detail:

QuoteOf course, you'll ask me what the problem is, Nicolas, with the legislation. I don't know how long I have to sit here and explain everything to you, but OK--I'll tell you my problem with this legislation:

1-We all know that in the Arab World, social security is so government can take you money from you, because it is "afraid for you", and and wishes to guarantee your future and your retirement. This is just like when your mom takes your 3eediyye, so she could "save it", and give it to you when you grow up. DID ANY OF YOU ACTUALLY GET THAT MONEY ONCE YOU GREW UP?! At least she's still you mom--she still loves you and actually cares about you.

2-The Palestinian Authority has not implemented the labor laws, yet wishes to implement Social Security. It's a lot like they want to take your money, so as to buy you a car-horn, even though you don't have a car.

3-Every few days, the PA comes and threatens to disband itself. So who is to say you won't close, and take the box with you? I mean the one for social security, not the ballot--that they took a long time ago...

4-This law only encompasses Natural Causes. The law in PALESTINE only encompasses Natural Causes. You remind me of the days of the occupation, WHEN THEY WISHED THEY DIED OF NATURAL CAUSES!

-Jesse Cox

I think Shane in Particular will like this, in light of the grief he got over his immigration videos:

[yt]QL_YEe7jLVc[/yt]

Whatever your thoughts on Shaun are personally, got to say: he got this one nailed down.

-Jesse Cox

From Lindybeige, a YouTuber who makes (mostly) historical videos.  This one, however, is about Evolutionary Psychology.

[yt]WFxOxU9qQyQ[/yt]

[yt]Xqzj-C1LJ3Y[/yt]

I mean, seriously, what more do I need to say?

-Jesse Cox