Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: AdeptusHereticus on September 21, 2015, 03:50:21 AM
The language is still quite vague, and he didn't allude to the most controversial cases. He still might be able to find loop holes when the times comes, as politicians often do. If he feels he have to defend the same behaviour in a very specific case, he will find specific words to make it sounds as a special case. Or at least I expect him to do so. Fuck me if I'm wrong.

as to fucking you for being wrong...I'd rather not, because I'm not gay, so we'll leave it at that.

as it happens, he's already locking horns with a University in California over this, and so far hasn't backed down or evaded. time will tell.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

It's a good start then.

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on September 13, 2015, 04:44:06 PM
[yt]GkYPYCTK8Ss[/yt]

OK, it was too long for best insults thread, but not too long for here (red is what the idiots say--Bassem's lines in black
[spoiler][/spoiler]

*basically, "we're going to get fucked over with it"
**for the record: he did way more: formed a government, found housing for all the refugees who'd immigrated to Medinah by setting up a pairing system (one local volunteers to share his house with one immigrant), ended a war between aws and Khazraj (the two main Pagan tribes at the time), stopped another one from starting up after a Jewish guy tried to stir up memories of the day of Bu'ath, and came up with one of history's earliest written constitutions...I'd say that's more than Morsi did...
***Morsi attempted to first amend, then replace, the then current 1971 constitution: the salafis and brotherhood peoples wanted to vote yes, and started a campaign insinuating that you're against Islam if you vote no. Abu Jahl, for those of you who don't know, was the most savage persecutor of early Muslims--his real name was 'Amr b. Hisham, and "Abu Jahl" is an insult, meaning "father of ignorance".
****this was the secular coalition which formed the opposition in Morsi's government.
*****as in the monument Napoleon Built in Paris--that arc.

I found that pretty funny, he should keep up the good work!
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on September 20, 2015, 04:46:53 PM
This is a hell of a day, when I'm posting this:

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/14/9326965/obama-political-correctness

I'm impressed: Obama said something I totally agree with.

I wonder if he's saying this because he doesn't have much else to lose at this point.
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

September 22, 2015, 12:37:08 AM #4939 Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 01:05:10 AM by Ibrahim90
Quote from: Dallas Wildman on September 21, 2015, 11:50:57 PM
I found that pretty funny, he should keep up the good work!

I wish he could--so does he: he was forced to leave Egypt after the pressure imposed on him in the aftermath of Morsi's deposition. So sadly the show no longer runs--people have suggested that he continue this in America (where he currently lives) or in another Arab country, but he refused, stating that he'd simply be seen as a foreign agent and so not have people hear his message. (and sadly, he's actually dead on here: people are very paranoid over there--everything's a conspiracy, which when you consider the history of that part of the world in the last century, you won't be surprised).

But his videos are still funny--and timeless even, since it deals with things that have always been in the Arab world (or really, much of the world).

EDIT: Oh, and here's what is probably his most savage trouncing of anyone. It should tell you something about his guts:

[yt]i1_ZVTN8CjE[/yt]

just so the joke at one point isn't lost, when Khaled asks "are you paid?", it's a play on words: 'aabid can mean "paid", but also "doing a handjob/blowjob"

and this one will possibly ruin your image of Mickey Mouse:

[yt]c1BPLxhsqSs[/yt]
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

[yt]hzNOusM24cs[/yt]

Re: TL:DR/Teal Deer, not Badmouseproductsions.
Another anti-SJW & an-cap furry? O.O
Score!
The part with the social experiment was gold.
Male privilege/patriarchy my ass.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

a little context here: Back in 2013, a stupid guy reported a supposed alien abduction in Egypt (that alone should tell you who's--once again--here). He reported the guy's name and town, and then remarked that the supposed implant he had courtesy of these supposed aliens contained natural ratios of Calcium isotopes.

Which is where Bassem Youssef comes in:

[spoiler]
QuoteHe forgot to mention that they did however find infinite quantities of Bongo* in him....
[/spoiler]

*i.e. Pot.

-Jesse Cox

"Strength on a fat guy is like abs on a skinny guy. Neither counts. Show me someone who is strong, lean, muscular, and natty and I'll be impressed."--Me, regarding folks like Mark Riptoe and their "just eat through your sticking points" stuff.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

And Tf00t keeps on trucking with his alkali metals work, this time finding a reasonably safe and reliable way to demonstrate the reaction between sodium and water:

[yt]cDlyg_9m7tk[/yt]

Back in the late 1980's when I was in highschool, we had some...interesting experiments in chemistry class exploring the properties of some of these metals.

Sodium is a really interesting case, since the safety procedure to ensure we didn't have any left on the sample handling tool after we had burnt a sample was to plunge it into a beaker of water.  This is safer than it sounds, as the fact the sodium should be on fire at this point ensures the clean metal surface needed to initiate an explosion doesn't exist.

October 12, 2015, 09:50:27 PM #4944 Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 09:53:50 PM by Ibrahim90
found this lovely poem, written c. 700:

[spoiler]
Quote from: il-yamani
يا رَوضُ جيرانُكُمُ الباكِرُ    فالقَلْبُ لا لاهٍ ولا صابِرُ
قَالَتْ: ألا، لا تَلِجَنْ دَارَنا    إنَّ أبانا رجلٌ غائرُ
قُلتُ: فإنِّي طالبٌ غِرَّة ً    منهُ وَسَيْفِي صارِمٌ باتِرُ
قَالَتْ: فإنَّ القصرَ مِنْ دُونِنا    قُلْتُ: فإنّي فوقَهُ ظاهِرُ
قَالَتْ: فَإِنَّ البَحْرَ مِنْ دُونِنَا    قُلْتُ: فَإِنِّي سابِحٌ ماهِرُ
قَالَتْ: فَحَوْلي إخْوة ٌ سبْعَة ٌ    قُلْتُ: فإنِّي غالِبٌ قاهِرُ
قَالَتْ: فلَيثٌ رابضٌ بينَنا    قُلْتُ: فإنِّي أسَدٌ عاقِرُ
قَالَتْ: فإنَّ اللَّه مِنْ فوْقِنا    قُلْتُ: فَرَبِّي راحِمٌ غافِرُ
قالتْ : لقدْ أعييتنا حجة ً    فأتِ إذا ما هجعَ السامرُ
فاسقطْ علينا كسقوطِ الندى    ليلَة َ لا ناهٍ ولا زاجِرُ
[/spoiler]

it translates to this (roughly):

QuoteOh garden early of your neighbors, for the heart is neither distracted nor patient:
She said: No, Don't stop by our place, our father's a jealous man
I said: then I look forward to his jealousy, and my sword is firm and cutting
she said: then the palace is between us! I said: then over it I triumph
She said: then the sea is between us! I said: I'm a skilled swimmer
she said: then around me are seven brother! I said: I'm defeating and conquering!
She said: then there's a panther stalking between us! I said: I'm a killer Lion!
She said: then God is above us! I said: God is merciful and forgiving!
She said: we've run out of arguments, so come when the late-night folk sing
and fall on us as a dew falls in a night, neither forbidding nor loud

If I ever get married--unlikely as it is--I'm remember to propose with this poem (or sing it when it's time to consummate) :P

-Jesse Cox

my reaction to the way people kept dodging in both party's debates:

[yt]2Et1kwAedtk[/yt]

he's saying "ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION!!! ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION!!!!! ARE YOU ALL LIKE THIS?! ANSWERING A QUESTION WITH A QUESTION?!!

-Jesse Cox

I guess this is an oldie by this point, but the Rush song "Alien Shore," considered quite progressive for its time, now opposes against everything feminism and Social Justice has come to stand for:

You and I, we are strangers by one chromosome
Slave to the hormone, body and soul
In a struggle to be happy and free
Swimming in a primitive sea

You and I, we must dive below the surface
A world of red neon and ultramarine
Shining bridges on the ocean floor
Reaching to the alien shore

For you and me, sex is not a competition
For you and me, sex is not a job description
For you and me
We agree

You and I, we are pressed into these solitudes
Color and culture, language and race
Just variations on a theme
Islands in a much larger stream

For you and me, race is not a competition
For you and me, race is not a definition
For you and me
We agree

But that's just us
Reaching for the alien shore

You and I, we reject these narrow attitudes
We add to each other like a coral reef
Building bridges on the ocean floor

For you and me, race is not a competition
For you and me, sex is not a definition
For you and me, we hold these truths to be self-evident
For you and me, we'd elect each other president
For you and me
We might agree

But that's just us

An unusually good article from LinkedIn on a recent tech scandal:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-entrepreneurs-can-learn-from-elizabeth-holmes-theranos-chaffee

QuoteThe media surrounding Holmes and Theranos over the past several years has been a powerful force.  They took the story of the Stanford drop out with a passion to change the world and ran with it and they ran far.  America ate it up with little question, me included.  Now when I read her story it occurs to me she had very little formal knowledge of science.  Even if you read science journals all day long and took every advanced placement science class in high school, I have a hard time believing you would be prepared to create a product at the technology level Holmes did.  Her answers to questions posed in the past by the scientific community should have made everyone reconsider the story promoted and implied that she is a young science genius.  I certainly don't discount her idea and passion and potential ability to rally the right people to fill those gaps but a 19 year old who hasn't taken at least microbiology, physics and chemistry at a college level is a different reality than the story the media has implied.  The biggest thing I take away from this is that if a story is pitched and repeated enough times, whether true or not, it can be believed by the masses including influential people who one would think couldn't be easily swayed. This belief can bring money, respect (deserved or not) and near celebrity status.  Maybe we all want a bandwagon to jump on, maybe we buy in because it makes us believe it can happen to someone else and that means it can happen to us too.  Maybe we honestly want to see someone make a difference and become successful in that process.

November 07, 2015, 07:58:28 PM #4948 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:02:19 PM by MrBogosity
[yt]TPMmoJrkxeg[/yt]

finally, I found a channel dedicated entirely to exposing the CCP.

-Jesse Cox

does the video work for you guys ?