Author Topic: Fav quotes  (Read 1141623 times)

Travis Retriever

• Sarcasitron collider
  • Bogometer: -1
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
    • Email
Re: Fav quotes
« Reply #4845 on: May 24, 2015, 12:07:51 PM »
That's funny because in a game of Cards Against Humanity, I got "I am become white privilege, destroyer of The Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr."
That's a fav quote right there!
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Ibrahim90

• Podcast Co-Hosts
  • Bogometer: -44
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: May 24, 2015, 06:44:12 PM »
That's funny because in a game of Cards Against Humanity, I got "I am become white privilege, destroyer of The Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr."

Oh dear: Hinduism is taking over America!!! :P

I was thinking Thursday maybe. We could go over this nonsense: http://johnquiggin.com/2011/04/16/i-pencil-a-product-of-the-mixed-economy/

:o
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Travis Retriever

• Sarcasitron collider
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
    • Email
« Reply #4847 on: May 24, 2015, 08:36:09 PM »
I was thinking Thursday maybe. We could go over this nonsense: http://johnquiggin.com/2011/04/16/i-pencil-a-product-of-the-mixed-economy/
The potato is strong with this one!  Right out of the gate we have fail talking about he wants to write another book, a "reply to Henry Hazlitt's Economics in One Lesson"  Oh you know this will be BBE tier stuff at least!
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

MrBogosity

• Master of the Bogoverse
  • Administrator
  • Bogometer: -42
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4848 on: May 25, 2015, 06:25:42 AM »
The potato is strong with this one!  Right out of the gate we have fail talking about he wants to write another book, a "reply to Henry Hazlitt's Economics in One Lesson"  Oh you know this will be BBE tier stuff at least!

That was three years ago, and as far as I'm aware the book never materialized.

Ibrahim90

• Podcast Co-Hosts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: May 25, 2015, 06:43:42 AM »
The potato is strong with this one!

to quote TJ Laser: "Honh?"
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

R.E.H.W.R.

• Cluon generator
  • Bogometer: -30
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4850 on: May 26, 2015, 11:49:14 AM »
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Ibrahim90

• Podcast Co-Hosts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: May 28, 2015, 01:55:43 AM »

a ferret bazooka!

nice!

btw: @ Shane: afraid I can't make it to the meeting: I won't have internet at this time, and won't till a little after 6 PM.  :'(

-Jesse Cox

R.E.H.W.R.

• Cluon generator
  • Bogometer: -30
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4852 on: May 31, 2015, 12:37:35 AM »

Badge of Honor.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

AnCap Dave

• Sarcasitron collider
  • Bogometer: -4
    • AOL Instant Messenger - The+Mephisto+D
    • View Profile
    • The Crazy World of IronFury
    • Email
« Reply #4853 on: June 01, 2015, 07:47:51 PM »

Travis Retriever

• Sarcasitron collider
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
    • Email
« Reply #4854 on: June 02, 2015, 10:16:00 AM »
"I'll give my thoughts on Caitlyn Jenner and transgendered people real quick. This will be the only time I say it because I feel like it doesn't need to constantly be said.
"If this is what it takes for these people to be happy and they aren't hurting anyone then I can only give support for their decision. Robbing people of happiness simply because it is different or because it isn't what personally makes you happy is extremely selfish and outright hateful. Yes, at the end of the day biology is biology and no amount of surgery or emotional appeal can necessarily change that but I don't think that's necessarily justification for denying someone the path to happiness.
"I also don't think that being transgendered is necessarily inherent of any particular code of ethics or behavior as I've seen some people believe. Like everything else you have those who are some of the nicest people in the world and those who are some of the most hateful motherfuckers out there and just like with everything else it's best to focus on people as individuals rather than collectives. Everything else is a distraction from who that person is as an individual and that's the most important thing."
— Dave Turcotte

Ibrahim90

• Podcast Co-Hosts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: June 05, 2015, 05:39:22 PM »
awesome day! found a copy online of a book about Juha. I've rediscovered some old favorites from him as a result:

WARNING: he's kind of a weirdo...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:48:04 PM by Ibrahim90 »

-Jesse Cox

Travis Retriever

• Sarcasitron collider
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
    • Email
« Reply #4856 on: June 06, 2015, 02:22:59 PM »

Ibrahim90

• Podcast Co-Hosts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: June 06, 2015, 08:32:01 PM »
here's today's new item:

"in other news, guy comes into store with a chevy truck owing 470 dollars and months and 12,000 in payoffs--110,000 miles on it, and leaves with a barely used BMW Volkswagon Jetta worth 15,000 dollars, owing just ~10,000 of that, and paying 180 a month..."

-Jesse Cox

Ibrahim90

• Podcast Co-Hosts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: June 12, 2015, 04:28:18 AM »

This should be in every classroom in America today--the importance of low taxes and pro-private ownership is made abundantly clear.

the only fail is that they don't reach quite the right conclusions.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 04:55:33 AM by Ibrahim90 »

-Jesse Cox

Dukect45

• Podcast Co-Hosts
  • Bogometer: -7
  • Trying to be a better person
    • View Profile
    • Dukect Productions
    • Email
« Reply #4859 on: June 13, 2015, 08:34:51 PM »
“Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals.” - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.