Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: AnCap Dave on May 24, 2015, 11:25:58 AM
That's funny because in a game of Cards Against Humanity, I got "I am become white privilege, destroyer of The Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr."
That's a fav quote right there!
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: AnCap Dave on May 24, 2015, 11:25:58 AM
That's funny because in a game of Cards Against Humanity, I got "I am become white privilege, destroyer of The Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr."

Oh dear: Hinduism is taking over America!!! :P

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 24, 2015, 08:18:37 AM
I was thinking Thursday maybe. We could go over this nonsense: http://johnquiggin.com/2011/04/16/i-pencil-a-product-of-the-mixed-economy/

:o
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 24, 2015, 08:18:37 AM
I was thinking Thursday maybe. We could go over this nonsense: http://johnquiggin.com/2011/04/16/i-pencil-a-product-of-the-mixed-economy/
The potato is strong with this one!  Right out of the gate we have fail talking about he wants to write another book, a "reply to Henry Hazlitt's Economics in One Lesson"  Oh you know this will be BBE tier stuff at least!
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: Travis Retriever on May 24, 2015, 08:36:09 PM
The potato is strong with this one!  Right out of the gate we have fail talking about he wants to write another book, a "reply to Henry Hazlitt's Economics in One Lesson"  Oh you know this will be BBE tier stuff at least!

That was three years ago, and as far as I'm aware the book never materialized.

Quote from: Travis Retriever on May 24, 2015, 08:36:09 PM
The potato is strong with this one!

to quote TJ Laser: "Honh?"
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

[yt]AFnvEEuG_kE[/yt]
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on May 26, 2015, 11:49:14 AM
[yt]AFnvEEuG_kE[/yt]

a ferret bazooka!

nice!

btw: @ Shane: afraid I can't make it to the meeting: I won't have internet at this time, and won't till a little after 6 PM.  :'(

-Jesse Cox

Badge of Honor.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

"I'll give my thoughts on Caitlyn Jenner and transgendered people real quick. This will be the only time I say it because I feel like it doesn't need to constantly be said.
"If this is what it takes for these people to be happy and they aren't hurting anyone then I can only give support for their decision. Robbing people of happiness simply because it is different or because it isn't what personally makes you happy is extremely selfish and outright hateful. Yes, at the end of the day biology is biology and no amount of surgery or emotional appeal can necessarily change that but I don't think that's necessarily justification for denying someone the path to happiness.
"I also don't think that being transgendered is necessarily inherent of any particular code of ethics or behavior as I've seen some people believe. Like everything else you have those who are some of the nicest people in the world and those who are some of the most hateful motherfuckers out there and just like with everything else it's best to focus on people as individuals rather than collectives. Everything else is a distraction from who that person is as an individual and that's the most important thing."
— Dave Turcotte

June 05, 2015, 05:39:22 PM #4855 Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:48:04 PM by Ibrahim90
awesome day! found a copy online of a book about Juha. I've rediscovered some old favorites from him as a result:

WARNING: he's kind of a weirdo...

[spoiler]

QuotePeople once asked Juha what his sign was. He replied "my sign is the billy-goat". Puzzled, people pointed out to him that no such sign existed. At this, Juha said: "well, when I was born it was a capricorn, and now that it's been forty years, I'm pretty sure he's now a billy goat and then some

QuoteOnce, a cow strayed into Juha's property and started eating his crops. Angered, Juha grabbed his stick and went to strike the cow, but it fled on seeing him. A week later, he found the same cow hitched  to a cart with his mater driving it. Seeing this, he grabbed his stick and started to strike the cow. Shocked, the owner asked: "hey! why are you hitting my cow?!". At this, Juha responded "keep out of it idiot! this is just between me and the cow--she knows what she did!

QuoteOnce, a dog shat between two houses in an alleyway. The two house-owners couldn't agree on who was to clean the mess, so they went to the judge, with whom Juha was at. The judge, wanting to mess with Juha, asks him: "so who do you think should pick up the dogshit?". Without hesitation, juha replied: "well, seeing as neither side is at fault, this defaults to the public, which means you oh judge are the one to pick it up!"

Quotehe once had a shirt on a clothesline, and the wind came and swept it away. Seeing this, he said: "we should sacrifice in honor of this!". Puzzled, his wife asked: "why?", so he said: "well imagine if I'd been in this shirt!"
[/spoiler]

-Jesse Cox

here's today's new item:

"in other news, guy comes into store with a chevy truck owing 470 dollars and months and 12,000 in payoffs--110,000 miles on it, and leaves with a barely used BMW Volkswagon Jetta worth 15,000 dollars, owing just ~10,000 of that, and paying 180 a month..."

-Jesse Cox

June 12, 2015, 04:28:18 AM #4858 Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 04:55:33 AM by Ibrahim90
[yt]Gc4y-C0DejM[/yt]

This should be in every classroom in America today--the importance of low taxes and pro-private ownership is made abundantly clear.

the only fail is that they don't reach quite the right conclusions.

-Jesse Cox

"Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.