Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
On the tech front Cisco is shipping it's computers to fake addresses to keep the NSA from compromising their products.

From Techdirt

Honestly it's more of a symbolic gesture, but it's yet another sign that the tech industry is getting tired of the NSA's shenanigans.
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on March 20, 2015, 06:37:37 PM
As much as we bash Republicans for being Big-Government boneheads they pretend to not be, there are certainly times when they make serious efforts to claw back it's power.

Texas State Representative David Simpson has introduced a bill that would put an end to civil asset forfeiture.

Here's the text

David Simpson has also publicly supported putting an end to pot prohibition as well.

Well, he's from Texas, the same state that kept electing Ron Paul time and time again.  Didn't Ron Paul win every election he stood for for the House or Senate?

http://tomwoods.com/podcast/ep-363-its-happening-seasteading-liberty-through-floating-cities/

I just love that this is happening. Im gonna start my own island and be like a pirate...With less pillaging and raping and more art and decent living standards.
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

Quote from: evensgrey on March 20, 2015, 09:37:50 PM
Well, he's from Texas, the same state that kept electing Ron Paul time and time again.  Didn't Ron Paul win every election he stood for for the House or Senate?

It was the Senate

Quote from: MrBogosity on March 21, 2015, 09:20:02 AM
No, Ron Paul was elected to the House.

Now that I check, not only has Dr. No never been elected to the Senate (only running once, and leaving politics for a while after losing), he lost twice on runs for the House, although there's not really a lot to say about him losing his first time standing, particularly since the incumbent had been in office for over a decade at that point.  He won a special election when that member left for an appointed post, then lost re-election by a tiny margin.  Ever since, he's had solid success in every House election he's been in.  I really have no idea where I got the idea he'd been a Senator.  He certainly SEEMS the sort to be in the Senate.

Quote from: evensgrey on March 21, 2015, 12:37:44 PM
Now that I check, not only has Dr. No never been elected to the Senate (only running once, and leaving politics for a while after losing), he lost twice on runs for the House, although there's not really a lot to say about him losing his first time standing, particularly since the incumbent had been in office for over a decade at that point.  He won a special election when that member left for an appointed post, then lost re-election by a tiny margin.  Ever since, he's had solid success in every House election he's been in.  I really have no idea where I got the idea he'd been a Senator.  He certainly SEEMS the sort to be in the Senate.

His son is in the Senate, so maybe that's how you got confused.

Quote from: MrBogosity on March 21, 2015, 09:20:02 AM
No, Ron Paul was elected to the House.

*Headdesk* damnit you're right.  Dick Durbin and Ted Cruz (blegh) are our senators.

"Protip: whenever some 'progressive' starts ranting about Libertarians being rich brats who don't care about the poor, just substitute 'Libertarian' with 'Jew' and you'll understand everything you need to know."—Shane Killian
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: AnCap Dave on March 24, 2015, 05:49:40 PM

LOL!  Would've laughed just as hard if it is Dubya's face.