Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm very happy with this Facebook post of mine:

What we'd hear on TV if the news were honest:

"There was a massive meta-analysis of what factors make a country prosperous and happy. They did regressions against many variables like resources, location, climate, race, overall intelligence of the population, etc. And it turns out all of that stuff is completely irreverent. What separates the countries that are rich & happy from the ones that are poor & miserable, is that the former are more free--less government size, scope and power than the latter. And it makes so much sense. You can have the most intelligent people with the best and most resources, but if they don't have the freedom to actually use what they've got to better themselves and thus have no incentive to do so, why would they?"
This was inspired by Shane Killian's video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRlcWVrMyAw

And inspired by Menno Henselmans' interview with Primal Edge Health noting that it is being more muscular that separates the elite from the good in just about every sport, with the vast majority of the other stuff being irreverent. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

From my friend Lucas on Facebook. :)

It reminds me of how the people whining the loudest about "the rich" in my experience, tend to be the ones most well off.  Gotta love hipster-shit-for-brains.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

OT, but I noticed that this thread has 314 pages...3.14...on pi day.  Awesome. ;D

[yt]g67npsA8Se0[/yt]

[yt]usq-IHT5ARc[/yt]

Well here's an awesome song from Kermit

[yt]jSFLZ-MzIhM[/yt]

This...This is my problem with trans people. The dishonesty that so often accompanies it. Well, that and the SJW baggage that so many of them have too.

Quote from: Dukect45 on March 17, 2015, 12:22:24 PM
Well here's an awesome song from Kermit

[yt]jSFLZ-MzIhM[/yt]
Written by Paul Williams, actually.

They'll always tell what it isn't.  They'll never tell you what it is - Ayn Rand

I'm sure I don't have to explain what she's referring to.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

[yt]8UZJRR8OHhY[/yt]
MY SIDES! AHHAHAHAHAHA!

[yt]rnbtRiLamsw[/yt]

Also win. X3

Love THP, love this video!

[yt]wXnnAWkTb8w[/yt]

"'Closed minded.' Translation: 'You're a meanie for not unconditionally accepting my position as absolute truth without scrutiny, but I'm not a closed minded pillock for not considering the possibility that I'm wrong.'" —Travis Retriever

As much as we bash Republicans for being Big-Government boneheads they pretend to not be, there are certainly times when they make serious efforts to claw back it's power.

Texas State Representative David Simpson has introduced a bill that would put an end to civil asset forfeiture.

Here's the text

David Simpson has also publicly supported putting an end to pot prohibition as well.
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.