Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

[yt]_KfCid3U-Q0#t=1127[/yt]
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Okay, not a change in Da Rules or anything, I'm requesting this as a fellow user and not requiring as an administrator, but if you could, especially when posting long videos, at least tell us something about what they're about and why they're Fav or Fail?

Quote from: Dukect45 on February 18, 2015, 12:57:14 AM
[yt]f3TYhQLrpsA[/yt]

that's a hell of a "creation myth" at the beginning: "I played with my dick till I had a better idea" :P
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

[yt]gjrLXS4iXIU[/yt]
Still a classic. :)

Another one:
[yt]eozsXy9K_vo[/yt]

Two reasons I'm still subscribed to Morrakiu. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

I guess the humor would be lost here on most, but I find this very funny:

[yt]QCg-wrYDaP0[/yt]

in case you want to know what is being said:

[spoiler]
Hitler (happy): Fine day that we finally have something to eat....This they call in their speech "al-hurras restaurant" in their speech...but true, the place is a bit cramped (this is @ 0:12)...weren't you braught here *obscure Omani word*? Isn't this the thing guys? grape leaves or Courgettes, something...

where they want to imitate* terrible potatoes so that they can't recognize it as potatoes (or alternately: so that they don't know what potatoes are anymore)--wasn't that what brought us here?

Goebbels: You Billy-goat! since yesterday you've been wanting to sit us down wanting to eat!

Hitler: you idiot, I told you I wanted McChicken...I don't want to eat courgettes or Manganese dioxide or whatever. God damn the father of whoever eats such a thing! I wouldn't enjoy it till I swallow the *another obscure word*--will not enjoy this shit! so I swallow it quickly instead

*guy walks in* Hitler: Ah!! the bill has come! Can you guys believe this is on me today? *looks at the numbers at a glance*: I want to know: what is with these numbers guys? honestly guys...

*persuing...starts to get angry*: 14 and a half Euros...and by the children of the faith Fifteen Euros for Salad--what is wrong with you? Who's the lowlife who wrote this with his hand? (no need to translate--this is when in German he says Himmler's name)

*getting real angry*: I said not to order seafood!!!! you're going to make me broke people!!!but I want to know the animal who ordered the Mataafi**!!!! You see this? didn't I tell you yesterday? didn't I say no one remind me of Kentucky?! Didn't I say so?! yes you guys said--yes yes yes yes yes!!! Who has money?! I will honestly not pay this myself! I know yesterday was pay-day for you! Will give some cash or not?! I tell you, whoever doesn't want to pay, get out! *everyone leaves*

I think you guys are getting the point at this point....
[/spoiler]

*could also mean prepare...Apparently Hitler here hates potatoes.
**it's a type of delicacy
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Did I miss this before in this thread?

http://metaleater.com/video-games/feature/why-feminist-frequency-almost-made-me-quit-writing-about-video-games-part-1

A five-part essay about why Anita's analysis is somewhere between vapid, stupid, and just plain wrong.  She does give Anita too much credit in places, such as describing the theories she uses as being 1990's stuff, when Anita really does use 1970's era versions of things like the 'Male Gaze; theory, current versions (and even 1990's versions) of which reject the idea that anything men like to look a must be bad BECAUSE men like to look at it.

February 23, 2015, 01:52:20 PM #4673 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 06:46:46 PM by Travis Retriever
http://www.cracked.com/article_22252_7-things-50-shades-gets-wrong-about-bdsm-from-expert.html … As a guy who'd like to experiment with the stuff someday, I found that very informative. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: D on March 01, 2015, 02:36:49 PM
This tweet.

Scary part is, there are schools that are actually doing that!

Pat Condell on his game again!

[yt]5XPHIfgFwsY[/yt]

Jerry Pournelle being awesome about Net Neutrality:

[yt]joOpgDsMbiU[/yt]

That Mitchell and Web look take on Homeopathy:
[yt]HMGIbOGu8q0[/yt]
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.