Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

>that response

My sides.

I find this guy:  https://www.youtube.com/user/BroScienceLife/videos to be full of win.

A few cases in point:
[yt]Px7Uc2GrnhE?t=4m25s[/yt]

[yt]qnjYyfkcaNI[/yt]

[yt]i6tTv_DEY7s[/yt]

[yt]ORPY4HG5TOc?t=1m2s[/yt]

[yt]rrhc5-Fxo0g[/yt]
Warning:  homophobic on the lifting gloves part, but even as a bi guy, it still made me lol.

[yt]PPVBYI4N3Js[/yt]

[yt]TnNYTMExApI[/yt]

[yt]003t7MfHriU[/yt]

A lot of videos, but worth it imho. XD  I'd post specific quotes, but they're all full of gems. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

[yt]sw8FZa_7Gjw[/yt]

Amazing.

For once TJ isnt a mouth breathing statist

Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

[yt]SdRh6-Xu5ao[/yt]

The caller sounds so familiar...
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on January 10, 2015, 05:19:48 PM
[yt]SdRh6-Xu5ao[/yt]

The caller sounds so familiar...

Wasnt there a simpsons episode about a similar boondoggle in the 90s?
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

Quote from: ArtemisVale on January 10, 2015, 11:12:59 PM
Wasnt there a simpsons episode about a similar boondoggle in the 90s?

Sort of.  Springfield got some huge wad of tax windfall money from somewhere, and at the big town meeting to decide how to spend it (Mayor Quimby is so incompetent he can't even figure out how to blow money on his own) this shyster shows up and somehow convinces the town to build the monorail he's selling (over Marge's idea to use the money to repave the badly damaged streets of the town, and Lisa's questioning of why a small town with a centralized population needs a mass transit system).  It turns out that it's a decades-old second-hand monorail from some amusement park or something like that after the controls fail and it accelerates uncontrollably (until Homer, the driver, saves the day with an improvised grapple line to the sign of a local donut shop, leading to the iconic line, "Donuts!  Is there anything they can't do?").

This also illustrates (again) that Steph, for all his skill at dissecting news stories and real-world problems, is pants when it comes to examining fiction.  You'd get deeper analysis out of a trite Ganddalf-is-Jesus paper.

"I cannot be sure exactly how many people since the murders have seen one or more of the Charlie Hebdo cartoons that 'insult' Islam or mock its prophet but I should imagine the number is now in the tens of millions. Had the brothers stayed their bloody hands it would have been 60,000 at the very most. Mohammed must be very cross indeed that his two cretinous representatives have spread the 'insults' so unimaginably far and wide. If Said and Cherif Kouachi had had a grain of sense in their terminally moronic heads they could have foreseen that their actions would create secular martyrs, propagate those images they so disliked and increase yet again reasonable people's dislike of the faith they claimed (rightly or wrongly) to represent." —Stephen Fry

The whole article is win, too: http://www.stephenfry.com/2015/01/10/you-must-mock/

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 11, 2015, 05:12:15 PM
"I cannot be sure exactly how many people since the murders have seen one or more of the Charlie Hebdo cartoons that 'insult' Islam or mock its prophet but I should imagine the number is now in the tens of millions. Had the brothers stayed their bloody hands it would have been 60,000 at the very most. Mohammed must be very cross indeed that his two cretinous representatives have spread the 'insults' so unimaginably far and wide. If Said and Cherif Kouachi had had a grain of sense in their terminally moronic heads they could have foreseen that their actions would create secular martyrs, propagate those images they so disliked and increase yet again reasonable people's dislike of the faith they claimed (rightly or wrongly) to represent." —Stephen Fry

The whole article is win, too: http://www.stephenfry.com/2015/01/10/you-must-mock/

I second that: win!
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Best description of Tumblr ever:
[yt]LUdHA5liNec[/yt]

Quote from: D on January 11, 2015, 07:33:29 PM
Best description of Tumblr ever:
[yt]LUdHA5liNec[/yt]

Or SJWs.

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 11, 2015, 08:07:18 PM
Or SJWs.

same thing really. Tumblr is like their base of operations.