Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

[yt]yAhlDgrvmlY[/yt]

More from BASED KANE.

Quote from: Travis Retriever on October 22, 2014, 10:58:15 AM
I don't get it. :(
Skeletons have damage resistance except against bludgeoning weapons : O
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

[yt]dg84NGAQ9Q0[/yt]

You'll need to turn captions on to understand it, unless you are fluent in French.

[yt]4Qa6QXBxxWw[/yt]

That said, this is some serious win, and a potential Silver Cluon.

Quote from: D on October 22, 2014, 07:51:50 PM
You'll need to turn captions on to understand it, unless you are fluent in French.

[yt]4Qa6QXBxxWw[/yt]

That said, this is some serious win, and a potential Silver Cluon.

Penn & Teller did a show where they did pretty much the same thing (except I think it was KFC). Other lessoned learned: the reason fast food tastes inferior is because people tell you fast food tastes inferior; if you don't know it is fast food, it tastes fine.

Quote from: dallen68 on October 23, 2014, 01:00:59 AM
Penn & Teller did a show where they did pretty much the same thing (except I think it was KFC). Other lessoned learned: the reason fast food tastes inferior is because people tell you fast food tastes inferior; if you don't know it is fast food, it tastes fine.

One thing I noticed that P&T didn't point out was, the Wisdom of Crowds actually worked with fast food: average together everyone's guesses and they're VERY close to the number of calories. Screw up people's perceptions of "health" food and all of a sudden they're underestimating the calories.

QuoteCall me crazy but I've always said if nothing happens in your story that couldn't happen in real life, you're wasting the medium.

QuoteSo apparently that was Jack Thompson's big mistake, he should have gotten a woman to hawk his nonsense and everyone would have just taken him at his word, no citation needed.
Boy, I wish I was so oppressed that everyone just took me for my word on absolutely everything...

With Sincere apologies to BlameThe1st for posting this:

Posted to fav quotes because it made me laugh.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

[yt]P0f0hW2iKZw[/yt]

An interesting video about the Skinner box

Quote"If we really had no right to complain about stuff because others have it worse, then by that logic, people like Michael Moore and every radio talk show host should be out of a job, and most of the northern hemisphere should be dead silent, because the only people who have a right to complain are those in Somalia, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc."