Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on September 27, 2014, 02:21:13 PM
Still, what did she need all $6,000 for?
$6,000? Are you talking about something other than her kickstarter? Because I was told her kickstarter made over $160,000.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: Travis Retriever on September 27, 2014, 02:49:48 PM
$6,000? Are you talking about something other than her kickstarter? Because I was told her kickstarter made over $160,000.

I think $6k was her original goal.

Quote from: MrBogosity on September 27, 2014, 03:35:03 PM
I think $6k was her original goal.
Sounds about right.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: MrBogosity on September 27, 2014, 08:37:08 AM
Now this actually IS a bogus criticism of Sarkeesian:

[yt]975kwXFezGQ[/yt]

As much as I hate Sarkeesian for her obvious lies (obvious to even a non-gamer like me), I think she SHOULD be using LP video footage to demonstrate how the game is meant to be played, as opposed to making her own footage pretending that (for example) you're "supposed" to kill prostitutes and play with their dead bodies when the game actually discourages you from doing that! And it's clearly Fair Use anyway.

It's considered good etiquite to give credit where due when you do that.  Not only did she not, there was this one girl who asked if she'd do that and Anita's firm basically flipped her the bird.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on September 27, 2014, 06:52:31 PM
It's considered good etiquite to give credit where due when you do that.  Not only did she not, there was this one girl who asked if she'd do that and Anita's firm basically flipped her the bird.

Agreed, but the claim is that she STOLE the footage. Not only is it blatantly obviously Fair Use, but under copyright law the footage is owned by the gaming company, not the producer of the LP video.

[yt]_dbi-8rPShE[/yt]

[yt]sCr5f9GA2P4[/yt]

So yes, notyourshield WAS started by a black guy and does indeed consist of a lot of minorities Rebecca.  Deal with it!
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

[yt]UrOZllbNarw[/yt]

Great scene from a great movie

[yt]kXRuTDnv4Hc[/yt]
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

[yt]H90V3y78VSQ[/yt]

While this is an different type of Gamergate video I feel that the message here is good

October 04, 2014, 03:41:26 PM #4377 Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 03:43:43 PM by D
Libertarian Kane once again being awesome as fuck.
[yt]l8xphl-CyvU[/yt]

Great quote from the presentation:
"It really ticks me off when I hear leftists and statists talk about how the free market causes wealth inequality, the free market doesn't. The free market throughout history has allowed poor people to pull themselves up and has given people more socioeconomic ability to move up and down the socioeconomic ladder, up, than anything else in history.

Paul Krugman, who is a Keynesian economist par excellence, just wants to inflate like crazy, but yet he writes a column for the New York Times and it's called 'Conscience of a Liberal', because he loves poor people despite the fact that he's the guy that's killing them, but then he'll look at someone like me and say you hate the poor. I don't hate the poor, I hate the fact that they're poor."
—Glenn Jacobs

[yt]ruILuq4fiKo[/yt]
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

John Oliver taking Civil Forfeiture laws to task

[yt]3kEpZWGgJks[/yt]