Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BlameThe1st on August 12, 2014, 11:11:37 PM
Thank you! At least some atheists see how repugnant it is to claim that "religion is a mental illness." Religion is merely a set of beliefs, which can easily be discarded by changing your mind. You can change your mind and stop being religious. Can you simply change your mind and stop being schizophrenic?

Without getting into that video or whomever he's responding to, I'd say that in my opinion, it's not religion per se that's the mental illness, but the refusal to admit you're wrong when shown the data. And in that, it also applies to statists, anti-vaccers, etc.

http://imgur.com/gallery/hLeOujf

When are SWJ's going to learn not to make such slippery declarations?  They should know someone who's done his homework is going to call it out like this.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on August 14, 2014, 07:54:26 PM
http://imgur.com/gallery/hLeOujf

When are SWJ's going to learn not to make such slippery declarations?  They should know someone who's done his homework is going to call it out like this.

I guess us whities aren't supposed to get heart surgery, because Daniel Hale Williams was black.

[yt]3ZlXdw8gML8[/yt]

Perfect descriptions of how the Creationist, Theocratic, and Statist mind works.

[yt]-FFo-e2red4#t=254[/yt]

Yeah **** the police and the looters
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

[yt]tZ7kVawy684[/yt]

I love it when statethiest get pwned
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

Quote from: D on August 16, 2014, 10:32:34 AM

Really? The Obamacare fee is only 15 cents?
Failing to clean up my own mistakes since the early 80s.

https://plus.google.com/116593195967885611442/posts/82NdB6U6mnA
Vindication--the best feeling ever. Much love to cracked.com for making my day. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

[yt]iHM_PHKpKyU[/yt]

I don't agree with John Oliver on everything, but this I agree with him 100 percent:

[yt]KUdHIatS36A[/yt]

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Quote from: BlameThe1st on August 18, 2014, 12:14:18 PM
I don't agree with John Oliver on everything, but this I agree with him 100 percent:

[yt]KUdHIatS36A[/yt]
Well, if you would agree with everything someone said and did that would be definately creepy.

[yt]C5-51PfwI3M[/yt]

Internetaristocrat is back with a doozy.  I love it when he skips the sarcasm and goes straight for the throat.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

August 19, 2014, 10:27:43 AM #4259 Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:47:07 PM by Travis Retriever
Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on August 19, 2014, 03:09:42 AM
[yt]C5-51PfwI3M[/yt]

Internetaristocrat is back with a doozy.  I love it when he skips the sarcasm and goes straight for the throat.
And not to be outdone:  https://plus.google.com/103985275484915334835/posts/FrkMV1hokv2

And like the hippies who, during Bush's Administration would cry "NO BLOOD FOR OIL!!111" yet gave Clinton's little wars--including a bi-partisan sanctions regime that murdered over a half a million Iraqi children--a free pass.  Not a single word from them about that...Or Obama's wars with drone strikes.  Downright shameful.