Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: evensgrey on April 18, 2014, 08:24:02 AMOh, and it put the power supply on the BOTTOM of the case, where heat could come up into the main chassis space and not get pulled out by the PSU fans

I'm seeing that more and more. CoolerMaster's been doing that, and it actually seems to make things cooler, oddly enough. Of course, as their brand name implies they design the entire case with that in mind.

Quote from: MrBogosity on April 18, 2014, 10:09:25 AM
I'm seeing that more and more. CoolerMaster's been doing that, and it actually seems to make things cooler, oddly enough. Of course, as their brand name implies they design the entire case with that in mind.

It is actually better for the PSU and the computer to be at the bottom.  Because the PSU is ingesting cooler air, it stays cooler itself.  This provides all sorts of benefits, including longevity and more even power conversion.  Second, if done properly, it creates an airflow across the bottom of the case that can help keep your disks cool.  However, if you do have the PSU at the bottom, you really should have a secondary fan at the top of the case as well, to keep the heat from pooling there.

Quote from: BogosityForumUser on April 18, 2014, 11:13:15 AMHowever, if you do have the PSU at the bottom, you really should have a secondary fan at the top of the case as well, to keep the heat from pooling there.

My current production machine didn't have that when I bought it, and it was loud and ran hot. One $6 CoolerMaster fan (with the cool blue LEDs) later, it's cool and quiet!

April 19, 2014, 11:41:30 PM #3918 Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:03:58 PM by Travis Retriever
http://www.simplyshredded.com/qa-with-nutrition-expert-alan-aragon-milk.html
Alan Aragon does it again. :)
To add against the paleo stuff, there's the fact that humans have done this thing called EVOLVING for the past 1/4 of a million or whatever years since the Paleo times.  The ability to digest cow milk being one of those things.  So even if Paleo diet advocates were correct about what humans ate during that time, it's still irrelevant.

And as Shane said in response to that "DRINKING MILK IS WHITE PRIVILEGE" super fail:
"Our ancestors did LOTS of mutating: lactose tolerance, CCR5-Δ32, extended color vision, HbC...and it's all while they were doing this little thing called 'evolving!'"
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

[yt]_pCGMzGen-s[/yt]

[yt]ZyFM0_AhIYA[/yt]

nice, though i kinda cringe when they use property rights like its a dirty word.
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

[yt]TgQ2YDKJR-g[/yt]
This is a damn good cover.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

This is a great explanation of a particular the problem with the kalam cosmological argument in the face of modern physics.  I think I will use it in future classes because the natural reaction, as the comments to the video show, of apologetics is to counter with one of the other four causes, which I think would be a modified form of Aquinas's sustaining cosmological argument, in most cases.

[yt]a5woOpBkegY[/yt]

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

"I was a smuggler, not a pirate. A pirate actively steals from lords and traders. A smuggler just wants to sell cargo without having to pay some lord for permission first/"

-Ser Davos Seaworth

[yt]Gqrm2po4vdk[/yt]

April 23, 2014, 08:07:16 AM #3926 Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 04:55:56 PM by Travis Retriever
Quote from: D on April 22, 2014, 05:58:32 PM[yt]Gqrm2po4vdk[/yt]

Glove and Boots are made of win. :)

[yt]owLoCNJodn8[/yt]

Gabriel Iglesias being full of win

Quote from: D on April 22, 2014, 05:58:32 PM
[yt]Gqrm2po4vdk[/yt]

fucking juice!
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart