Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ludwig von Mises: "Man is not, like the animals, an obsequious puppet of instincts and sensual impulses. Man has the power to suppress instinctive desires, he has a will of his own, he chooses between incompatible ends." - The Ultimate Foundation of Economic Science
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

"Under the division of labor, the structure of society rests on the shoulders of all men and women."

— Ludwig von Mises, in Bureaucracy

You gotta love Mises.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

February 18, 2012, 08:49:46 PM #1382 Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 09:39:34 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
"'Who is the biggest underdog of all time?'  The masses."

—  Stefan Molyneux

As stupid as some internet memes are, I will never get tired of this one.

In the Austrian School's defense, the 5th and last panels of are not mutually exclusive.
I've yet to meet an Austrian who didn't refer to inflation as both the "inflation tax" AND as the biggest cause of the boom & bust cycle.

I would say other than the "What Keynesians think" panel all of the rest at least have a point.

Quote from: Goaticus on February 20, 2012, 12:31:12 AM
As stupid as some internet memes are, I will never get tired of this one.

I'm amazed I haven't seen one for atheism yet, so I made one:

Quote from: Goaticus on February 20, 2012, 06:59:28 AM
I would say other than the "What Keynesians think" panel all of the rest at least have a point.
Yes, can't that always be said of Keynesians?

Quote from: MrBogosity on February 20, 2012, 11:53:00 AM
I'm amazed I haven't seen one for atheism yet, so I made one:

Saved.

Make no mistake, the only reason I put this video here is because it's in the "so bad it's fucking hilarious" zone:

[yt]PJADwIMOmqs[/yt]

Since we're on the topic on awesome memes, I was inspired to make this caption from posts by JohnRainRules on Shane's latest:

Huge thanks to D for showing me that meme--Liberal Douche Garofalo.

Another bonus one I found:

Fucking pwnage.

this guy is batshit insane, and his politics on closer look are , but you have to admit, this is worth watching:

[yt]uGZqOkeYbB0&list=FLPZKP83KPzFnkeO3vPWu3ug&index=108&feature=plpp_video[/yt]
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

My favorite of the Garofalo meme.

[yt]ek1uqrwLmQk&feature=g-vrec&context=G21d598dRVAAAAAAAABw[/yt]