Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
And Barry on the Military.

"The Pentagon as Trustworthy. Let's not even go back to Vietnam; we'll confine our examples just to our current wars, instead. So:

Jessica Lynch. Pat Tillman. The 2007 helicopter attack on Iraqi civilians. The Khataba coverup.

Have you ever known someone who lied even about small things? You immediately knew that person wasn't trustworthy, didn't you? And you didn't trust him thereafter, right? So what's different about the military?"

"Not only is the amount that prices rise an inflation tax, but also the amount that prices didn't fall is also included in the inflation tax. Due to improvements in productivity, more goods are created so prices should be falling. On the gold standard, prices fell and the economy boomed." -- thesilverjournal
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

"May the good Lord bless and keep the Czar...far away from us!" --Fiddler on the Roof

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 28, 2012, 09:46:25 PM
"May the good Lord bless and keep the Czar...far away from us!" --Fiddler on the Roof
Eh?  How is this a fail quote?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on January 30, 2012, 10:43:18 AM
Eh?  How is this a fail quote?
Oops, that was supposed to be in Faves.

Quote from: D on January 30, 2012, 02:50:01 PM

now that should be a signature banner  ;D
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

January 31, 2012, 02:20:29 PM #1342 Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:35:28 PM by MrBogosity
Fav not only for treatment of the subject, but also explaining how many economic metrics like inflation adjustment and average wage can lead you to the wrong conclusion.

[yt]s6FmhXQ32Wo[/yt]

Quote from: MrBogosity on January 31, 2012, 02:20:29 PM
Fav not only for treatment of the subject, but also explaining how many economic metrics like inflation adjustment and average wage can lead you to the wrong conclusion.
What is?  I don't see an additional block of text that is in quotes, or a video.

"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean." -- Jesse Cox on SWTOR

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on January 31, 2012, 05:29:51 PM
What is?  I don't see an additional block of text that is in quotes, or a video.

Damn bogons...

[yt]ev7RbZt4UhI[/yt]

Quote from: Virgil0211 on February 02, 2012, 11:31:05 PM
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/end-of-poverty/

Posted on an old friend's facebook page. I wouldn't exactly say he knows any better, but still...

EDIT: Crap! Meant to post this in fail quotes. How do I move posts again?

That's okay. I'll use it to segue into a fav quote about documentaries.

"When I make a film, I never want the film to become a vehicle of social propaganda. If I wanted to do that, I'd make documentaries."
Norman Jewison

[yt]eYU72gHlozQ[/yt]