Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

I just thought one up: sth about law. religious laws in general, like hindus not eating cows or sth.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

@Ibrahim90:  What does "sth" mean?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

My apologies in advance for this one Shane, but I simply have to share this one.

From the comments of this video:
[yt]nMnnIfcYx2E[/yt]

Shane:  "Here's the thing you're missing: politicians, almost to the man, are narcissists (hence the $200 haircuts). They need to look themselves in the mirror and see great men who will go down in history for their great works. Individuals here and there writing in, sure, won't do anything because they aren't swayed by logic and reason. But people writing en masse hits them in their narcissistic faces. And yes, it HAS worked; I can show you cases."

(The win):  Lord T Hawkeye:  "@shanedk Maybe, though as I said in a past vid, you shouldn't HAVE to be doing this in the first place. It's like hiring a security guard to watch over your store but then you have to stay overnight at the store yourself because you keep catching the guard robbing the place.
So you're effectively paying politicians to do the job that you're the one actually doing."

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on December 24, 2011, 06:55:58 PM
My apologies in advance for this one Shane, but I simply have to share this one.

Oh, no apologies necessary; I agree with your reply.

I'm sure politicians will listen to letters from voters if it's not too inconvenient but when they have to choose between the voting populace and their corporate buddies, I think it's tragically clear who always wins.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

This is from a character in a comic book named appropriately enough Anarky.

I never heard of him before but after reading this, I think I like him!

QuoteEverything you know is a lie.

Cast your mind back to when you were a child. Remember how life shone out from within? How everything was new and full of golden hope?

And then "they" got to you. The politicians – the priests – the philosophers – the parasites!

This is politics: "Do what you're told or we'll punish you.""

This is religion: "Suffer misery now so you can be happy after death."

This is philosophy: "The universe came from nothing and will one day return to it."

None of these doctrines stands up to rational analysis.

Since the birth of consciousness, hundreds of millions of human beings have been slaughtered by their fellows.

Men – women – children ... snuffed out as if their lives meant nothing.

Why? Because we look to leaders and priests and gurus and "stars" to tell us what to do instead of relying on the powers of our own sovereign minds.

They charge in blood for the privilege of ruling us.

Quoting Einstein out of context, they say that good and evil are relative; that there are no moral absolutes.

They lie. Only two laws are needed to change the entire universe: Never use initiatory force, and never cheat.

The people who run our world constantly break both.

Aristotle believed that man is basically good, decent and noble. If left to his own devices he'll seek individual happiness within an orderly society.

For Aristotle, human life and sovereign consciousness were the universe's greatest values.

But Plato believed man is a wild and savage beast, incapable of self-discipline. To manage him for his own best ends, man needs rulers – kings, governments, priests, presidents.

For Plato, human life is worthless, to be endlessly sacrificed to "higher" causes and ideals.

Which one do you think the world followed?

Mao Tse-Tung spouted a lot of nonsense, but he sure got one thing right: All (political) power comes out the barrel of a gun.

You don't believe me, do you? You live in a democracy. You vote for your leaders.

So tell me – what happens if you want to disobey them?

Say you don't like the President. You object to paying taxes to support him, his family, his pets, his bodyguards and the friends he wangled jobs for. What do you do?

Or say you don't like your taxes being used to subsidize foreign arms sales for slaughter in the third world. How can you stop it?

Vote for somebody else, whose policy is the same? Don't vote?

The government pretends to be there to serve you. In reality, it's there to tell you what to do.

If you refuse to obey, you'll be investigated – arrested – criminalized.

Your assets will be seized and given to the state. You will be jailed.

Albert Einstein said that "The only justifiable purpose of political institutions is to ensure the unhampered development of the individual."

But our institutions are the opposite. They enslave us – rule us by fear and deceit!

They'd gladly bomb us back into the stone age! They don't want the common man to be anything but a slave!

The world has gone wrong. But I swear by every breath in my body – I will put it right again!

In harsh economic terms, there are only two kinds of people in the world: those who produce goods, services and values ... and those who don't.

And before you say what about the old, the young, and the sick – we look after them, right? That's what makes us human.

Intentional non-producers are parasites. To hide their parasitism, they employ the techniques of deception, coercion, and naked force.

Parasites can never create. They can only destroy.

Today, for the first time in history, the parasites outnumber the producers who support them.

They're entering a final feeding frenzy, which will result in the ultimate evil – a totalitarian state.

Where administration bigwigs view the world from stretch limos, while families sleep in cardboard boxes –

Corrupt businessmen flourish, while honest men beg in the gutter –

Crime explodes – while decent folk are afraid to walk the streets their taxes pay for.

All human life is there – from the best to the worst, the kings in their fortresses to the scum in their sties. And all of them believe it has to be that way.

I'm going to show them that it doesn't.

The world is collapsing. Madness flares everywhere the animal mind reclaims the conscious mind.

The religious slaughters – the inter-tribal massacres – the wars for oil – have turned our planet into a charnel pit.

Grinding poverty affects half mankind. 20 million people die each year because they're hungry.

And who pays for the parasites who cause it all? The common man ... his wife ... their children.

The elites have always won. The common man has always lost.

Until tonight.

I merely intend to hold up a mirror, and say – "See what you are, and see what you could be.

"Mankind is poised between a future in the stars, and a future in the mud. So stop the killing – stop the lies – and let's start living!"

Imagine – you're a child again. Filled with innocence, and wonder, and life. Remember how good it felt?

That's what the parasites stole from us. They bled us dry. And like sheep we lined up to give more blood.

But we can have back all that they stole, and more.

The information age provides a spotlight the parasites can't squirm away from.

Identify them. Negate their evil. Ostracize them.

Step with me into a better world.

– Anarky
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

To all the "my country tis of thee" jingoists and "America--Love it or leave it!" fucktards,
This one's for you:

http://www.harrybrowne.org/articles/AmericaLoveIt.htm

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on December 24, 2011, 06:53:46 PM
@Ibrahim90:  What does "sth" mean?

something. it's a shorthand (sorta).
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

December 28, 2011, 07:42:39 AM #1285 Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 07:49:21 AM by D
[yt]C9HRLvfbauA[/yt]
[yt]BAnGYfnFz9I[/yt]

From Steve Kubby on his Facebook page:

QuoteTHOUGHTS ON TURNING 65 YEARS OLD TODAY

First of all, I never thought I would ever live to the ripe old age of 65 AND if I did live that long, I would be an old geezer for sure. Nothing in my wildest imagination prepared me for the reality that I'd be skiing over a million vertical feet a year, heading up two companies and helping to repeal California's horrible marijuana laws.

I was 28 when doctors first told me I had malignant pheochromocytoma (adrenal cancer), that it was terminal and that I had as little as six months to live. The following summer everyone pitched in and helped to run Earth Camp One and we had a good year, even though I was bedridden and in terrible pain much of the time.

That's when my old college roommate, Cheech Marin dropped by for a visit and offered me a joint. I explained that marijuana is bad for the immune system, or so I thought, and I declined his offer. Cheech was determined to get me high and pointed out that if I only had six months to live, I might I well enjoy it. So we toked up and had a great time.

The next morning, when I took my blood pressure, it was normal for the first time in months. I couldn't and wouldn't allow myself to believe it, but after several weeks it was obvious that cannabis was controlling my hypertension and other symptoms of my disease.

So here I am, stunned and amazed to be turning 65, healthy and happy to be alive, surrounded by wonderful friends and awesome children, grateful beyond words for this healing herb that has saved my life.

I'm also very grateful to my friend Cheech, for being there to guide me towards the discovery that cannabis really is good medicine.

beautiful story.

well, here's a good one.

[yt]khnjTRTHfD4[/yt]

-Jesse Cox

"Barack Obama has continued and expanded genocidal activities in the middle east, including the use of radioactive and chemical weapons that prevent pregnancy. He has overseen the mass slaughter of Africans in Somalia and the occupation of Uganda. He continues the blatantly racist drug war. He holds the record for most deportations of any president in American history. Ron Paul seeks to end most or all of these things. If you are truly anti-racist, you have much bigger fish to fry than him." --Stargazer5781 via a bulletin

December 30, 2011, 04:20:22 PM #1289 Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 04:26:42 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
[yt]axN53qCJChY[/yt]

I wish Molyneux wouldn't call the Federal Reserve a "Semi Private Bank".  It isn't.  It's a government central bank.