Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: evensgrey on September 11, 2011, 12:36:24 PM
Hitchens has pointed out that it was pretty much the entire reason for the nightclub bombing in Bali.
Yet didn't Hitchens still support the war in Iraq?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

QuoteI'll be frank with you Judge. I have some problems with the Constitution in that it is an inherently flawed document because it does rely on the government to police itself but by the same token it's written in plain language that anyone can read, including myself, and from my readings, no the federal government is not allowed to do certain things, it's not empowered to do certain things, and if it's not empowered to do those things then it's not allowed to do those things.
- Glenn Jacobs on Freedom Watch, also known as professional wrestler Kane.

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on September 12, 2011, 12:09:05 AMnow that should be a favorite quote. pure win!  ;D

The full video from which that line came from (also a fav quote):  [yt]O06acUXAOFQ[/yt]

I know I've already posted it, but I figured it deserved to be seen, damn it. ;D
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

[yt]2vi6WGsj6Rg[/yt]

To a tyrant or an imperial city, nothing is inconsistent which is expedient. -Euphemus of Athens.

And speaking of the Greeks, this image is made of pure concentrated win:

The best part is you can replace "God" with "Government," "The Majority," "The U.S. Constitution," etc, and it still works out the same.
Pretty much the only thing that won't work in that would be "Rationality," "Logic," and "Empirical Evidence" as you get a self detonating statement with each of those.

September 18, 2011, 12:04:58 AM #1176 Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:07:20 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
This one as well is made of win:

I'm not a Star Wars fan, so it probably won't have as much impact on me as it would the SW fans here. :P

Shane, whenever I see this one, I think of you:

[yt]O_KJ0HXu7D0[/yt]

The title is a tad misleading only in that this is clearly not a defense of Social Security.

Social security is an insult to ponzi schemes.

Yeah, at least Ponzi schemes you can opt out of.

[yt]2dCvJ41ZENs[/yt]

Something I can relate to...

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on September 20, 2011, 04:53:56 PMSomething I can relate to...

Reminds me of this:

[yt-43]A6it_kQeOnU[/yt-43]

[yt]oWAyEzyp2xQ[/yt]

From tonygmilan7's About Me:

"Some Universal Facts:
Ludwig Von Mises is the greatest economist of all time.
An expropriating property protector is a contradiction in terms.
You cannot possibly argue against self ownership.
John Maynard Keynes is dead."

QuoteIf voting changed anything it would be illegal.

Have no idea who the original source was, but I've seen it several places.