Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 10, 2011, 01:30:00 AM #1155 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 03:57:21 AM by Ibrahim90
Quote from: MrBogosity on September 09, 2011, 07:56:34 AM
"[Rick Perry] thinks that the government can't do anything right, except kill people without mistake." --Penn Jillette

oh yes, it can indeed kill without mistake: like that one guy they found possibly innocent prior to execution, but was executed anyways?

Government is sacred ::)

srsly, that's the sort of thing that makes me want to avoid Rick Perry like the plague. anybody who is willing to execute an innocent man, shouldn't even be entrusted to the task of killing a guilty one-or while we're at it, sit in any position of government.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Which guy was that? This one or that one?

September 10, 2011, 03:50:55 AM #1157 Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 03:57:02 AM by Ibrahim90
Quote from: Gumba Masta on September 10, 2011, 03:02:57 AM
Which guy was that? This one or that one?

that one of course! :P

ok, srsly:

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/06/10/241830/top-10-thing-texas-gov-rick-perry/?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150205907391463_17412811_10150241602096463

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameron_Todd_Willingham

the quote: (if for some reason the link doesn't work):

Quote(1) PERRY ALLOWED THE EXECUTION OF A LIKELY INNOCENT MAN, THEN IMPEDED AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE MATTER: In 2004, Cameron Todd Willingham was executed in Huntsville, Texas after being convicted of arson and the murder of his three children. Even after significant evidence emerged showing that arson had not caused the fire (thus exonerating Willingham), Perry refused to grant a stay of execution. Five years after Willingham was executed, a report from a Texas Forensic Science Commission investigator found that the fire could not have been arson. As the commission prepared to hear testimony from the investigator in October 2009, Perry quickly fired and replaced three of its members, forcing an indefinite delay in the hearing.

and for the sake of integrity, I will modify the previous post. you'll see the correction in underlined.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

[yt]UULUQfEQFuU[/yt]

"Why should we, however, in economics, have to plead ignorance of the sort of facts on which, in the case of a physical theory, a scientist would certainly be expected to give precise information?" - F.A. Hayek

Quote from: D on September 10, 2011, 04:19:11 PM
"Why should we, however, in economics, have to plead ignorance of the sort of facts on which, in the case of a physical theory, a scientist would certainly be expected to give precise information?" - F.A. Hayek
Because economics is a science of human action, not of physical law. :P
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

In the comments of this video:  [yt]X4Nq7smT_yA[/yt]

Quote from: Dirge987xexixk: "Oh Gulbrik, tell me what I want to hear."

gulbrik: "Taxes are good. The state helps us. These guys are all deluded idealists."

xexixk: "Mmmm, yeah.... Tell me I have all the answers."

gulbrik: "You have all the answers."

xexixk: "OH YEAH! You're an atheist so you're obviously logical."

gulbrik: "I'm getting so hot. But what if he bans us?"

xexixk: "Let him ban us! All I need is someone else telling me how right I am."

gulbrik: "As do I my love."

xexixk: "I love you."

*facenom*

I laughed my ass off at that. ^_^
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on September 10, 2011, 04:38:53 PM
I laughed my ass off at that. ^_^

Normally, I do not like gay jokes at all because they're cheap shots and horribly overdone.

In this case however, 100% justified.  I seriously thought they were going to give each other big sloppy kisses any second.  Multiple pages of self congratulatory prattling that would make you want to shove their heads into their crotches and let them drown in their own fluids...

I apologize for that horrific imagery.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on September 10, 2011, 01:30:00 AM
oh yes, it can indeed kill without mistake: like that one guy they found possibly innocent prior to execution, but was executed anyways?

Government is sacred ::)

srsly, that's the sort of thing that makes me want to avoid Rick Perry like the plague. anybody who is willing to execute an innocent man, shouldn't even be entrusted to the task of killing a guilty one-or while we're at it, sit in any position of government.
Alright, time to sing along:

Our gov, is an awesome god...

[yt]dBIc09aaTUo[/yt]

Damn.  When this guy has his game on, he has it ON!

Blowback certainly hasn't been ignored as a cause of terrorist attacks.  Hitchens has pointed out that it was pretty much the entire reason for the nightclub bombing in Bali.  (Specifically, the heinous crime of preventing the Indonesian military and their armed civilian thug auxiliaries from murdering the non-Muslim population of East Timor, then having the NERVE to help them set up a separate state.  The target was selected because it was popular with Australian tourists, Australia having taken a leading role in East Timor, and Bali having a primarily Buddhist population.)

Yes, but Hitchens is intelligent and not at all jingoistic. Sadly, he is NOT representative of most people.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on September 11, 2011, 03:40:44 AM
Alright, time to sing along:

Our gov, is an awesome god...

now that should be a favorite quote. pure win!  ;D

-Jesse Cox

[yt]Y6wa9t5yPls[/yt]