Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MrBogosity on August 22, 2011, 01:21:30 PM
Now THIS one is full of win:

[yt]EPqUrcH7Ad8[/yt]
Man, like Rand Paul, when Morrakiu has his game on, he has it ON!
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 22, 2011, 12:20:55 PMPersonally, as a video editor, I'm sick and tired of them proclaiming video and audio codecs to be malware!

Yet another reason you prefer Ubuntu, yes?  I don't really have the knowledge to understand how it doesn't need antivirus software, but if so, damn.

Also, the whole case of Microsoft being sued because of anti-trust law violations just REEKS of cronyism.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

[yt]iF_HzwMK8ZM[/yt]

"This is just like religious fundamentalists accusing atheists of being 'against god.' Well no, atheists are not against god, atheists do not hate god, atheists do not believe that god exists. So likewise, those who do not believe in the theory of evolution are not against evolution. they don't agree with the existence of evolution."

Right. I could have thrown up when I heard the Non-Prophets this week and Matt Dillahunty equated Ron Paul to Rick Perry...

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 23, 2011, 07:13:33 AM
Right. I could have thrown up when I heard the Non-Prophets this week and Matt Dillahunty equated Ron Paul to Rick Perry...

I remember when Obama first became President, the Atheist Experience made some kind of stupid remark about how Obama very well could be the first atheist president....yet he is just as religious as any other president we've had in the history of this country.

I think the guy in the video I posted had it right when he said that the reason people bring this up for Ron Paul is that the left liberals who would have voted for him need an excuse not to.

A Scottish friend of mine just posted this on Facebook in regards to a book he read called Crap Days Out by Gareth Rubin:

QuoteThe main criticism of Loch Ness in the book is that it sells the idea that you might have a chance of seeing the monster if you visit. The author's claim that there is zero chance, because it doesn't exist. I have to defend Loch Ness on this one. I think if anyone travels anywhere expecting to see a prehistoric monster, then they deserve to be disappointed.

Hate to triple post, but I just saw this posted on Facebook and thought it was deserving of this thread.

[yt]KGPa5Ob-5Ps[/yt]

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 23, 2011, 07:13:33 AM

Is that the same Matt Dillahunty who said that a scientist still could do his job, even when he professes a belief in god and genesis and stuff WHEN he's able to keep religion seperated from his work?

Quote from: D on August 23, 2011, 09:06:01 AMI remember when Obama first became President, the Atheist Experience made some kind of stupid remark about how Obama very well could be the first atheist president....yet he is just as religious as any other president we've had in the history of this country.
Figures that they be just a bunch of stupid statheists.

Quote from: D on August 23, 2011, 09:06:01 AMI think the guy in the video I posted had it right when he said that the reason people bring this up for Ron Paul is that the left liberals who would have voted for him need an excuse not to.
Something that Morrakiu's videos have eloquently demonstrated.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on August 24, 2011, 11:49:14 AM
Figures that they be just a bunch of stupid statheists.

Ohohohoho, oh that pun.
Satan has a special little place in hell for people like you.
And he calls it Wisconsin.

http://www.cracked.com/back-to-school-facts/  Alternative title:  "125 (More) Reasons Why Government Schooling is a Failed Institution"

I really just come up with these in the middle of convos out of nowhere.

"It really takes some skill to fail at performing miracles even worse than God does.  At least the state doesn't suffer the disadvantage of not existing."
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

"This is a typical tactic used by those who have no sane, reasonable or factual argument to defend their view; when the facts aren't on your side, attack the other side, question their motives, demonize them, and never, ever admit they may hold sincere beliefs." - Lee Wrights

[yt]uxKjuV_mneg[/yt]

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on December 22, 2009, 05:15:34 PM
I think I like this guy.
He must be even more fascinated with Euler's Identity:  e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0

He mentioned that, sort of.  Euler's Identity shows up as a special case of an elementary complex wave equation.  (Yes, I took a QM course.  I FLUNKED it, and BADLY, but I took it.)