Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

"The lesser of two evils is still evil, and the enemy of my enemy does not make him my friend." - Penn Jillette

One of his better quotes from an episode of Bullshit.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19283_7-ancient-forms-mysticism-that-are-recent-inventions.html
I know a guy who's into tarot, and another who's a satanist.  Should they ever bring them up to me, I'll link them to this. ^_^
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

"To say that a bad government must be established for fear of anarchy is really saying that we should kill ourselves for fear of dying." --Richard Henry Lee

Nothing really political or science related, but a great quote none the less.

"I have wined and dined with kings and queens, and I've slept in alleys and dined on pork and beans. I have run the gauntlet. I have done it all and still today The Dream stands tall." - "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes.

I'd also like to throw in the Hard Times promo.
[yt]CxC3oAD1iUg[/yt]

"There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose." --John Maynard Keynes

Quote from: MrBogosity on July 12, 2011, 10:41:14 AM
This entire article: The Wasted Vote Lie by Lee Wrights

Great article. Posted it on facebook. Of course it already received one response:

QuoteYeah but it works. Power lies where people believe it to be. It the people perceive power to be in a certain place then that mass perception of power is little different then power itself. The lie has become the truth.

While it is true that any good con can work on the masses, eventually, once you expose it for what it is, people come around and realize that they've been duped the entire time.

Quote from: D on July 12, 2011, 11:53:13 AM
Yeah but it works. Power lies where people believe it to be. It the people perceive power to be in a certain place then that mass perception of power is little different then power itself. The lie has become the truth.

So he believes in the Law of Attraction?

I always did like Judge Napolitano.

[yt]Ebj0dDMpwNk[/yt]

Unfortunately though, a lot of Americans DO want to see the debt ceiling raised, not because raising the debt limit is a good thing, but because they were fooled by the scare mongers in the media and in government who told them that if we don't do this then this country would spiral down into economic Armageddon, despite the fact that there isn't a shred of evidence that shows this. What people should realize is that Washington isn't trying to raise the debt ceiling, but rather the spending limit of this country. Increasing this "debt ceiling" is nothing more than a means for which the government can spend as frivolously as they want like they always will.

[yt]2qfiKeYrlzM[/yt]

July 15, 2011, 10:34:37 PM #1001 Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:47:52 PM by surhotchaperchlorome

Another good one by Lord T Hawkeye:  http://lordthawkeye.deviantart.com/journal/39445734/ ("Why are you still a statist?")

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-question-youre-not-asking-should-you-go-to-college/
Have I posted this already?  If so, my bad.  This is one of the best articles on that entire site.

In honor of all the talk of raising the government's debt ceiling, I figured I should post this: 
http://mises.org/daily/5000