Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
[yt]7R4ppEADvm4[/yt]

Stef at his best, once again.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

[yt]gs3jmwlox0k[/yt]

Stefan has really been on a roll lately.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate." --Martin Luther King, Jr.

[yt]KXNRzI64L9Q[/yt]

"We should ban all guns. No one should have guns! Guns should be illegal."

"Sounds great. How are you going to enforce it?"

"lolwut?" --Stargazer5781 Source:  This video's highest ranked comment:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ21T7PC_tg

"Rule 6. If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it."
-The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates-

"eleutherophobia (uncountable) 1. Fear of freedom." -Wiktionary

Best.
Word.
Ever.

But not as much fun as "sesquipedaliaphobia" (a fear of long words).

January 22, 2011, 02:29:32 PM #713 Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:01:54 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
"Just tell me where in the world you find these angels who are going to organize society for us." --Milton Friedman

January 23, 2011, 12:43:08 PM #714 Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:02:02 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
"I HATE the term 'crony capitalism' because there's nothing capitalist about it at all." --Shane

Lots of my FB friends are quoting me on this one:

"It makes sense to me that government robbing Peter to pay Paul will virtually guarantee them getting Paul's vote. What baffles me is that they keep getting Peter's vote as well!" --Me

Well, since we're quoting ourselves here, I'm actually quite proud of this one:

"The people saying that I should be grateful of government because it provides me with services/goods/etc must think I'm at least 6 different types of stupid.  If the government didn't tax away over half of our income, regulate away our opportunities and inflate away our savings, just to name a few, I'd have that much more wealth and wouldn't NEED government in the first place." --Me

I'd recommend watching the first video before this one:

[yt]oVrCSAMnf6I[/yt]

I have absolutely no clue what he is talking about but I'm certain I am appaled by it.

January 28, 2011, 10:20:12 PM #719 Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:42:36 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
"The moral argument for [the] repudiation [of the national debt] is easiest to follow[,] although by itself [it] says nothing about the practical results. Treasury securities represent a stream of future tax revenues, and investors have no more just claim to those returns than to any investment in a criminal enterprise. I favor total repudiation of all government debt for the same reason I favor abolition of slavery without compensation to slaveholders."--Jeffrey Rogers Hummel