Author Topic: Fav quotes  (Read 1105125 times)

Travis Retriever

• Sarcasitron collider
  • Bogometer: -1
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
    • Email
Re: Fav quotes
« Reply #645 on: December 23, 2010, 03:12:07 PM »
Anyone else remember when Nixon went to China?

No.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Gumba Masta

« Reply #646 on: December 23, 2010, 03:13:37 PM »
I do... I just don't remember what it was that he did there... if anything.

MrBogosity

• Master of the Bogoverse
  • Administrator
  • Bogometer: -42
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #647 on: December 23, 2010, 04:54:46 PM »
It was the fact that he WENT there. Lots of pansy-ass, bedwetting, pinko liberals wanted us to open relations with China. But when the all-American, über-Patriotic, drug-and-Vietnam-war-waging commie-hater Nixon did it, people started coming around and realizing that it might be time to actually listen to some other human beings besides themselves.

Gumba Masta

« Reply #648 on: December 23, 2010, 04:59:40 PM »
Too bad that for china freedom still seems to be just that funny word those foreigners use.

Travis Retriever

• Sarcasitron collider
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
    • Email
« Reply #649 on: December 23, 2010, 07:01:16 PM »

Another classic by Stefan. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Gumba Masta

« Reply #650 on: December 23, 2010, 07:13:49 PM »
Oh hey, Minecraft refference. Did you get it too?

Travis Retriever

• Sarcasitron collider
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
    • Email
« Reply #651 on: December 24, 2010, 02:57:12 PM »

Another awesome video by DarkMatter2525. :)

Travis Retriever

• Sarcasitron collider
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
    • Email
« Reply #652 on: December 25, 2010, 02:21:58 AM »

AHPMB

• Bogon shield
  • Bogometer: -11
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 25, 2010, 10:35:13 AM »
It was the fact that he WENT there. Lots of pansy-ass, bedwetting, pinko liberals wanted us to open relations with China. But when the all-American, über-Patriotic, drug-and-Vietnam-war-waging commie-hater Nixon did it, people started coming around and realizing that it might be time to actually listen to some other human beings besides themselves.

Nixon was, in many ways the last liberal President.  He talked like a hard-line war hawk, but this is the guy that ended Vietnam, created the EPA, reaffirmed Affirmative Action, got the ERA through Congress, and reaffirmed many of the Great Society programs.

I always say, Nixon was our last liberal president, Clinton is the last conservative one.

Travis Retriever

• Sarcasitron collider
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
    • Email
« Reply #654 on: December 25, 2010, 11:49:04 AM »
They were all statist presidents.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 12:14:01 PM by surhotchaperchlorome »

Travis Retriever

• Sarcasitron collider
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
    • Email
« Reply #655 on: December 25, 2010, 12:04:23 PM »

I see people everywhere, including liberty lovers like AHPMB, making this error.
In reality, we are not the state.

Travis Retriever

• Sarcasitron collider
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
    • Email
« Reply #656 on: December 25, 2010, 12:18:23 PM »

Travis Retriever

• Sarcasitron collider
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
    • Email
« Reply #657 on: December 25, 2010, 12:19:47 PM »

As I posted on the latter video:

I like RJWeapon's point about the military.  As a friend of mine (Shane) once said, "Duress is NOT consent".
And knowing the statists, especially from the UK, Denmark, etc, they'll just say crap like, "well they listen to the people in MY country; yer just doin' it rong!"
As for the point about the military, if the person signed up for it voluntarily, then they have no sympathy from me.  If they were drafted (under threat of violence) and forced to kill people, can you say I "consented" to it or was responsible for it when I didn't have a say in the matter?
In which case I would fail to see how I would be responsible if I didn't have any damn choice in the first place.
One could argue, "I had a choice; do it or die" but that's just utter crap.
By that "logic" every single anarchist is responsible for war crimes because he "paid" for them via taxes and inflation.

RJWeapon's analogy of an opinion poll is more accurate than many would think.
In essence, that's what voting is--an opinion poll.
Elections in the USA are decided by the Electoral College, not by the voters themselves, even if there is a conflict between the two; the Electoral College trumps the voters.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 12:33:14 PM by surhotchaperchlorome »

Travis Retriever

• Sarcasitron collider
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
    • Email
« Reply #658 on: December 25, 2010, 01:00:11 PM »
In the first episode of Death Note, after Light Yagami tells Ryuk that he wants to use the death note to purge the world of evil people, of criminals and of wrongdoers; that he aims to create a world of people who are kind and hard-working.

In response to this, Ryuk gives what is perhaps the most insightful and most liberty leaning quote in the entire anime:
"If you do that, then the only evil person left would be you."--Ryuk, Death Note: Episode One "Rebirth"

Source (Scroll to 10:00): 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 05:00:54 PM by surhotchaperchlorome »

Travis Retriever

• Sarcasitron collider
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
    • Email
« Reply #659 on: December 25, 2010, 08:40:41 PM »

More epic win by Michael Shanklin. :)