Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Dallas Wildman on February 02, 2015, 05:44:55 PM
Because people in opposition to GamerGate were complaining about how the movement was a concerted assault on women.  I didn't think anyone here was going to agree with all of his points, but he does point out that the whole "GamerGate = Concerted Misogyny" is a load of bullshit.  Yes he doesn't align himself with the movement, but I thought it was important someone like him to emphasize that last point.

Okay, yeah, but at the same time he left people who aren't already in the know with no clue about what either side was really up to.

Quote from: MrBogosity on February 02, 2015, 06:16:17 PM
Okay, yeah, but at the same time he left people who aren't already in the know with no clue about what either side was really up to.

But it was clear to me at the start of the segment that he had qualms with both sides of the issue.
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on February 02, 2015, 06:37:46 PM
But it was clear to me at the start of the segment that he had qualms with both sides of the issue.

And not a whole lot of knowledge.

Quote from: Dallas Wildman on February 02, 2015, 05:44:55 PM
Because people in opposition to GamerGate were complaining about how the movement was a concerted assault on women.  I didn't think anyone here was going to agree with all of his points, but he does point out that the whole "GamerGate = Concerted Misogyny" is a load of bullshit.  Yes he doesn't align himself with the movement, but I thought it was important someone like him to emphasize that last point.

What last point?

Quote from: dallen68 on February 02, 2015, 07:57:49 PM
What last point?

The point about GamerGate != Misogyny
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

[yt]6_72qtLK4_g[/yt]
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

[yt]DoDxC7RD37Y[/yt]

[yt]_DdTXdI5mW4[/yt]

People don't like BriWu's shitty game. BriWu goes on a stupid rant on Steam shitting on hardcore gamers. She gets ripped a new one:

[yt]rDbqz_07dW4[/yt]
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

The last post above put me in mind of this:

[yt]H0dLUtMViUI[/yt]

He's got a lot of videos about all kinds of weapons and fighting techniques.

"A man chooses. A slave obeys."--Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.  How Hawkeye missed this great quote I'll never know.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: Travis Retriever on February 07, 2015, 12:13:17 PM
"A man chooses. A slave obeys."--Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.  How Hawkeye missed this great quote I'll never know.

To be fair, Bioshock is not the most libertarian friendly series out there. Bioshock Infinite especially so.

Quote from: D on February 07, 2015, 12:48:24 PM
To be fair, Bioshock is not the most libertarian friendly series out there. Bioshock Infinite especially so.
Agreed.  It's based on Objectivism.  Which I find repulsive. >_<
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Watching chuggaaconroy's LP of Xenoblade Chronicles, for the sake of those who haven't seen the game or played it, I'll put the rest in spoilers. You've been warned.

[spoiler]So basically, they're having a discussion after the real villain, Zanza, has been revealed. Zana is basically the god of the main characters. He created them and essentially wants to destroy everything and make everything anew. Well, during this discussion, one of the characters, Dunban, says this amazing quote about Zanza not being above basic morality.

Of course, another character, Alvis immediately tries to say "HURR DURR YOU'RE MORTALS AND GODS ARE ABOVE OUR MORALITY." which is absolute bullshit, but yeah, pretty cool none the less.[/spoiler]