Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on August 20, 2013, 02:22:40 AM
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I hit a major WTF when I got to the ADD-IN RAID card.  Excuse me? ADD-IN RAID card?  Who the hell does a premium motherboard WITHOUT on-board RAID support these days?  In fact, just for fun, I checked on Tiger Direct, and ALL their sub-$100 motherboards have on-board RAID support (all do RAID 0 and 1, and one actually does RAID 5).  At this point, a manufacturer would probably have to pay extra to get MBs that don't have RAID support built in.

Quote from: evensgrey on August 20, 2013, 08:05:19 AM
I hit a major WTF when I got to the ADD-IN RAID card.  Excuse me? ADD-IN RAID card?  Who the hell does a premium motherboard WITHOUT on-board RAID support these days?  In fact, just for fun, I checked on Tiger Direct, and ALL their sub-$100 motherboards have on-board RAID support (all do RAID 0 and 1, and one actually does RAID 5).  At this point, a manufacturer would probably have to pay extra to get MBs that don't have RAID support built in.

The somewhat funny part is that Mac OS X supports software RAID.  This means that you don't even need the RAID hardware to do the RAID.  Given that modern computer hardware has virtually eliminated the downsides of software RAID and it has so many positives, most people who only use RAID 0 or 1 would be better of saving the money and doing it with the free software.

[yt]K6eESTwC9OQ[/yt]
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Glenn Danzig was recently interviewed by City Pages and had the following win to say about Democrats:
QuoteMy view on Democrats is that they're fascists disguised as liberals, or liberal moderates. You're not allowed to say anything that they don't agree with. You're not allowed to do anything. Also, the whole Obama, "I can kill anybody with a drone with no trial," is kind of disturbing. I'm surprised that more people who are supposedly liberal aren't more disturbed by it. I think whatever Obama does is OK with them, because he's Obama. It's bullshit.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on August 18, 2013, 12:50:16 AM
Another win courtesy of BlameThe1st:  http://blamethe1st.deviantart.com/journal/18-Facts-That-Prove-Guns-Make-Us-Safer-393484112
And of course, Hawkeye's response/comment on it:  "The thing is, none of this even matters because the anti gun people are not actually anti gun.  They're actually very pro gun because they're all for the state having all the guns and nukes they want.  They just want guns to be the exclusive property of the political elite."

To be fair, that list was by Michael Snyder from The American Dream: http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/18-little-known-gun-facts-that-prove-that-guns-make-us-safer

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Yet another win by Scott Adams.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

"'Libertarian populism" is sound evidence that Republicans are idiots." —George Phillies

[yt]1fTt4K4Cae4[/yt]

Once again AlphaOmegaSin hits it out of the park

and also Pres. Obama administration lying about something what a shocker 

The fail is TheResident. The win (surprisingly enough) is rdubwiley:

[yt]6fMKakbNivU[/yt]

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 22, 2013, 03:57:57 PM
"'Libertarian populism" is sound evidence that Republicans are idiots." —George Phillies

Context? Is he saying popular libertarianism is a sensible reaction to conservative imbecility, OR Libertarians are slightly more idiotic than normal Republicans?

"What is called "planning" in political rhetoric is the government's suppression of other people's plan by superimposing on them a collective plan, created by third parties, armed with the power of government and exempted form paying the costs that these collective plans impose on others." -Thomas Sowell Economic Facts and Fallacies.

Quote from: dallen68 on August 23, 2013, 10:15:47 AM
Context? Is he saying popular libertarianism is a sensible reaction to conservative imbecility, OR Libertarians are slightly more idiotic than normal Republicans?

It's from an article in his newsletter about how Republicans are using "libertarian populism" to try and attract libertarians to the RP.

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 23, 2013, 11:31:39 AM
It's from an article in his newsletter about how Republicans are using "libertarian populism" to try and attract libertarians to the RP.

If they wanted to attract libertarians shouldn't they have given Ron Paul the nomination when they had the chance?

Quote from: tnu on August 23, 2013, 12:49:56 PM
If they wanted to attract libertarians shouldn't they have given Ron Paul the nomination when they had the chance?

They don't want to attract libertarians to strengthen the party and libertarian values. They want to attract libertarians to get us out of the way, and where they can control us.

August 24, 2013, 06:24:32 AM #3059 Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 06:27:05 AM by surhotchaperchlorome

But you know, we need govco to keep us safe from the evil free marketeers who will poison us...

Source: http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_645_19-historical-details-that-prove-were-lucky-to-be-alive-now/?view=article (quite a few of which are win and awesome).
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537