Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MrBogosity on August 13, 2013, 11:21:55 PM
That video wouldn't play for me, but this one did: http://www.crackle.com/c/dilbert/ethics/2415616
In my defense, I really wasn't able to test it (literally the page much less the video wouldn't load) because my connection has been even slower than normal lately. :(
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on August 13, 2013, 10:41:44 PM
Inspired by this post:  https://www.bogosity.tv/forum/index.php?topic=315.msg19220#msg19220
here's the ep of Dilbert I was talking about:

[yt]T5o92PnWuO4[/yt]

Isn't it amazing just how insightful Dilbert is?

Even better than Doonesbury, and many papers run that in the editorial section.

Quote from: evensgrey on August 14, 2013, 07:40:22 AM

They do that because a lot of butthurt conservatives complained that it was in the comic section where their kids could read it.

A nice pot shot at campaign ads from Grand Theft Auto V.

[yt]TOlhy6Euy0I[/yt]

Quote from: D on August 14, 2013, 12:16:13 PM
A nice pot shot at campaign ads from Grand Theft Auto V.

[yt]TOlhy6Euy0I[/yt]
That was fucking win.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

Quote from: evensgrey on August 14, 2013, 07:40:22 AM
Isn't it amazing just how insightful Dilbert is?

I'm partial to Mimi and Eunice myself.

Quote from: MrBogosity on August 14, 2013, 10:41:12 AM
They do that because a lot of butthurt conservatives complained that it was in the comic section where their kids could read it.

The somehow seems an unlikely reason for the local paper in London, Ontario to be doing it.

Quote from: evensgrey on August 15, 2013, 07:47:00 AM
The somehow seems an unlikely reason for the local paper in London, Ontario to be doing it.

It was probably the syndicate that made the decision.

[yt]hSPvXYmyC5Q#at=180[/yt]
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Feel free to use anywhere you can post pictures.

[yt]hQM8UKgt3Qs&feature=youtu.be[/yt]

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

August 16, 2013, 11:44:30 PM #3014 Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:02:09 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
[yt]gOwWzFOvCq8[/yt]

The rest of them too.  Especially the parts regarding Timon and Pumba.  Never understood what people saw in them...
Okay with the exception of the bit of calling Beauty and the Beast good.  Well, it was, but then the line he makes about it when the screen flashes with the title is kinda effed up when you've read this win by cracked.com on it:  http://www.cracked.com/article_19285_5-romantic-movie-gestures-that-were-actually-dick-moves.html pointing out that Belle kinda had Stockholm Syndrome from that...