Fav quotes

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, September 19, 2009, 01:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Where can I find them?

I don't look at TAA much, he's very...not funny.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on January 18, 2010, 11:47:22 PM
Where can I find them?

I don't look at TAA much, he's very...not funny.
I'll dig up the URL for you.
Just to warn you though.
A huge number of the pictures involve jailbait (underage, overdeveloped girls), and jokes about it, e.g.  "If no one wanted to fuck it, there wouldn't be a law against it".
Just to give you that warning.
You sure you want to see it?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

tsk, I'm a skeptical libertarian atheist, I am VERY difficult to offend.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on January 19, 2010, 12:11:37 AM
tsk, I'm a skeptical libertarian atheist, I am VERY difficult to offend.
Heh. :P
OK.

Here you go:  http://demotivateyou.com/
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

"By sending me stupid comments/hate mail, you acknowledge that I own all rights to the entire contents of your message, any images sent with the message, your email address, your house, your car, your first born and your soul. Furthermore, you agree to make your email address publicly available on this or any other web site, and you accept my views and opinions as being right regardless of anything. Furthermore, you agree that it is okay for me or anyone else to slander and/or libel you on this or any other web site, in public, at your place of employment, or anywhere else in this or any other universe and/or dimension. Know that leaving me a stupid comment is a request for character defamation, endless belittling and excessive mockery. You may not sue me for any reason, ever, and this disclaimer is subject to change without notice, and you are still subject to the rules regardless of any changes made. If you do not agree with these rules, then don't send me comments when you feel the sudden urge to talk out of your ass. Sending me stupid comments will lead me to believe that you are infact stupid. This may result in a block. There are enough stupid people on YouTube and they need no help from you. As a matter of fact, just play it safe and don't talk to me at all. Don't forget to subscribe, stupid." --Sarahon06's profile page

I found this one by LadyAttis hilarious (I know some of you have already seen it  :)):

[yt]p-aw4YDwQw4[/yt]
"Did you know that the hole's only natural enemy is the pile?"
"Dead Poets Society has destroyed a generation of educators."
  --The Simpsons, "Special Edna"

Quote from: valvatica on January 22, 2010, 02:40:18 AM
I found this one by LadyAttis hilarious (I know some of you have already seen it  :)):

[yt]p-aw4YDwQw4[/yt]
Oh, that was fuckwin. X3

"Everybody should be free to believe what they want, and we should be free to call it stupid" --Russell Glasser

Source:  [yt]KqSxc1t-29Q[/yt]

"Free people & free markets go hand-in-hand. Ya can't have 1 without the other." --Tutilost on YouTube

January 22, 2010, 10:01:34 PM #189 Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 11:44:31 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
"Capitalism:  An economic system based on private ownership of capital" --Princeton's online dictionary.

Also the way every single textbook in social studies I've had defines it.
That definition in mind, here's what I don't get.  Why is it that Agorists (which I don't consider myself one for various reasons..) consider what we have to be a "capitalist" economy?
If "capital" (say, capital goods or money) are owned privately, that implies title, control, liability, use and disposal.
Since the big corporations in our system are shielded from liability,
most normal people don't have control, title, or use via state restrictions all over the economy in countless ways,
how they what we have in ANY way be considered a "Capitalist" economy?
They argue, "well, this is what capitalism is; how it exists."
OK, except then that means that it DOESN'T exist, at least not in great enough proportion to be considered the primary part of the system.
What we have is the result of the State (what many call government), not of capitalism being tried and then leading to it (as Shane worded differently than me in his Question & Answer videos).

As Shane said, "We're NOT a primarily capitalist economy.  We're a primarily corporatist economy and have been for full on a century now."

"Whatever the issue, let freedom offer us a hundred choices, instead of having government force one answer on everyone." —Harry Browne

I want to put the quote where he compared Republicans to Libertarians here from his book.
Would that violate copyright law?
It's a big quote, but still so awesome...

Quote's don't violate copyright; they're fair use.

January 25, 2010, 11:12:15 AM #192 Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 01:36:23 PM by surhotchaperchlorome
Awesome!  ;D

"
  • Republican politicians want to reform or slow down the growth
    of government programs. Libertarians want to eliminate them.
  • Republicans want government to 'cut' the growth rate of
    government. Libertarians want to shrink government
    dramatically.
  • Republicans want to use government to promote good causes.
    Libertarians support the private promotion of good causes —
    and they don't want government forcing its version of goodness
    on anyone.
  • Republicans say we need a large military to continue our foreign
    policy successes. Libertarians wonder what those successes are.
  • Republicans see that federal, state, and local taxes combined
    took only 8% of the national income in 1900, and now take
    48%; they say that's too much and promise to cut it back to
    47%. Libertarians wonder whether 8% was too much.
  • Republicans want to increase the budget for seven years, and
    then balance the bigger budget. Libertarians want to balance a
    much smaller budget immediately.
  • Libertarians won't vote for any bill increasing the size or power
    of government. Republicans won't vote for any bill their
    pollsters reject.
  • Libertarians aggressively propose and support bills to make
    huge cuts in the size, scope, and power of government.
    Republicans support bills their party leaders tell them to vote
    for."
--Harry Browne, Why Government Doesn't Work, pages 211 & 212

This is the quote I was thinking of.
I like this one.

The truth is unattainable.  It will always be shrouded in fog.  Though you reach through the murk and the gloom to grasp something, you have no means to know it is the truth.  In which case, why?  What sense is there in yearning for truth?  Close your eyes, lie to yourself, live in blissful ignorance.  It is a much smarter way to exist.
Obtaining the truth is simple, all you have to do is believe it is the truth.  Very well, then I will grant you one truth...you will all die here! - Shadow Teddie, Persona 4

I love this game so much.  "Truth vs. deception" is one of it's big themes as you can no doubt tell.
The more you know...

"Liberty is not an inter-subjective consensus." --FlowCell
"...it is true because words mean things. If we can make words mean what ever we want, then language is meaningless." --FlowCell

Both from his latest video:  [yt]ftd-AiOz_KI[/yt]