Expelled, with lie-correcting subtitles!

Started by MrBogosity, October 27, 2008, 02:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: MrBogosity on May 21, 2009, 08:07:19 PM
The thing is, the movie tries to make it out like THEY'RE the ones being trodden on by those authoritarian stuffed-shirt evolutionists. And their followers just eat it up.

Thanks. And there weren't THAT many jabs. Hopefully enough to keep it entertaining.

With that said, it IS Creative Commons. If you want to download Subtitle Workshop (it's free!) and go through and delete the jabs (very easy to do!), it's fine with me; but it is an Attribution license, so if you do that and show or give the file to anyone else, please add in a subtitle at the beginning saying that you did it.

I certainly appreciate your critical comments! My only objection is that subjective, taunting remarks tend to weaken one's case.

I agree that the overriding strategy in Expelled is to make the ID people look like the victims of authoritarian evolutionists.

Realize it is not illegal to download a torrent of Expelled provided you already purchased a hard copy (dvd) of it.
Also, there are software programs that convert DVDs to Avi format.

Handbrake, for one. There's probably easier ones, but it seems to work the best.

At the very start of the movie it shows a University auditorium full with students.

Sadly, I cannot find the reference which says that
1. the University was not informed that a creationism talk was to take place
2. only four real students were in the audience
3. the rest of the audience were extras/invited

If you can find the reference, it would be good to add in the subtitle file, at the start of the movie.

Version 1.3 of the subtitles is up! It contains the information asamak requested, and several other changes and additions as well.