BBE/IE: Mitt Romney

Started by BlameThe1st, May 07, 2015, 02:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Romney: ‘We Don’t Have Mass Incarcerations in America’

Quote"I was concerned that her [Hillary's] comments [about incarceration] smacked of politicization of the terrible tragedies that are going on there. When she said we’re not going to have mass incarcerations in the future, what is she referring to? We don’t have mass incarcerations in America. Individuals are brought before tribunals, and they have counsel. They’re given certain rights. Are we not going to lock people up who commit crimes?”

To which, Think Progress (of all people) rightfully points out:

QuoteAccording to the Federal Bureau of Prisons, there are 208,859 federal inmates, slightly below a national high of 219,218 in 2013. On December 31, 2013, there were 1.57 million inmates in federal, state, and county prisons and jails. According to some estimates the number of people behind bars is closer to 2.4 million (the 2013 figure excludes many individuals who served short county jail sentences). One in three people in the U.S. has a criminal record, and the U.S. has the highest incarceration rate in the world.

Our prison rate has been increasing despite our violent crime rates decreasing. Anyone who doesn't see that is an imbecile. Or a politician. But I repeat myself.

To be fair, Hillary is not innocent in this either, as both she and her husband approved the very measures that have lead to mass incarceration to begin with: http://jezebel.com/hillary-clinton-vows-to-address-problems-she-her-husb-1701241476

No Sovereign but God. No King but Jesus. No Princess but Celestia.

Quote from: BlameThe1st on May 07, 2015, 02:21:45 AM
Romney: 'We Don't Have Mass Incarcerations in America'

To which, Think Progress (of all people) rightfully points out:

Our prison rate has been increasing despite our violent crime rates decreasing. Anyone who doesn't see that is an imbecile. Or a politician. But I repeat myself.

To be fair, Hillary is not innocent in this either, as both she and her husband approved the very measures that have lead to mass incarceration to begin with: http://jezebel.com/hillary-clinton-vows-to-address-problems-she-her-husb-1701241476

Does this guy ever shut up?  At least it's nowhere near the stupidity that is Jeb Bush.
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.