Considering patreon for my comic, any advice?

Started by Lord T Hawkeye, April 10, 2015, 08:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on April 11, 2015, 07:36:16 AM
Well, I put in my SIN and it accepted it no problem.  Register at the consulate?  I don't have to go all the damn way to Vancouver do I?

You shouldn't have to, governments are stupid but generally not when it comes to giving them money (which is what this is).  Call the consulate on Monday. At worst you might have to do it by mail.  At best, the tax treaty between Canada and the US means it's automatically registered.  (Another advantage of the treaty is that while the US might tax the income from Patreon, Canada will reduce the tax it claims on that income by the amount the US takes, so at least you only get double-dipped instead of triple.)

https://www.patreon.com/dollysplaytime

Well, she's all up.  Thanks for the help all and if you'd like to donate yourself, by all means.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Seems like everybodys whoring themselves out on patreon. Im starting to feel left out xD
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

Quote from: ArtemisVale on April 15, 2015, 10:56:19 PM
Seems like everybodys whoring themselves out on patreon. Im starting to feel left out xD
Ditto. :P
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox