Things that make me happy.

Started by AnCap Dave, June 14, 2014, 10:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Basically, the opposite of the "things that piss me off" thread. As libertarians, we tend to get pissed off a lot, so how about some positivity? Doesn't have to be anything serious at all. With that said, I'll start.

You know what makes me happy? Having a cup of Italian ice. Italian ice is delicious.

When someone references, builds and expands on something I made.  Case in point: http://shanedk.deviantart.com/#/journal/How-To-Argue-For-Statism-v2-0-460381065?hf=1
I never understood people who get all pissy when someone copies/builds on something they made.  I've always believed imitation to be the sincerest form of flattery. :)
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Yes, collaboration of any kind, even if it's informal like that, I enjoy a lot. I enjoy creating in all its forms, but creating with other great minds is an amazing experience!

When my character does something awesome in an rpg. Like when my Star wars char and two other face and beat 55 battle droids, or when my gunslinger crits a thrown alchemist fire on a sith lord.
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

When you knock someone off a ledge with a remote controlled batarang in Arkham City.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

when a day goes by without something bad happening. Which is rare.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

The elder scrolls games (especially morrowind and skyrim and not including the mmo) and Planescape Torment

Days I don't get any emails at work

losing 30 pounds on a low carb diet!
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Kittens!

"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: AnCapBrony on June 23, 2014, 07:00:01 PM
Kittens!

The only thing I don't like about kittens is that they grow into cats...

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 24, 2014, 08:34:14 AM

^ This.

Dogs are superior all day every day.

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 24, 2014, 08:34:14 AM

what's wrong with cats? OK, they're dumb, but that's about it...as far as I know.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on June 24, 2014, 09:10:53 AM
what's wrong with cats? OK, they're dumb, but that's about it...as far as I know.

They're messy, inherently violent, it's impossible to keep them out of stuff, they're FAR more difficult to train than dogs...

When I think about what my ideal cat would be, I think of things like, easy to train, can go outside instead of having to have a litter box, friendly, etc. And then I realize I just described a dog.