It just keeps getting worse.

Started by tnu, May 05, 2014, 09:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
http://starwars.com/news/electronic-arts-selected-for-multi-year-agreement-for-the-future-of-star-wars-gaming.html

One proverbial deal with the devil after another. it's bad enough that they're just giving one giant middle finger to the canon and throwing it out completely and there doesn't seem to be much hope for ANY mention of Garn Bel Iblis or Mon Mothma in Star Wars: Rebels and probably COMPLETELY abandoning the old canon and putting out any new content for it. Now they select potentially one of the WORST publishing companies out there  right now next to Activations to exclusively handle new games? We're never gong to get another masterpiece like KOTOR II and any prospects of seeing 1313 are completely dead. I invested damn near a decade in to Star Wars. Not just the films but EVERYTHING. Books, games, comics, EVERYTHING. It deserves better then this.

May 05, 2014, 10:30:35 AM #1 Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:00:18 PM by MrBogosity
I really hate to break this to people, but Star Wars never was anything more than a market-generating venture: everything was toyetic from the beginning. Really, it's the live-action sci-fi version of The Littlest Pet Shop. What you're talking about is nothing short of what it's been the whole time. There was never a moment when Star Wars sold out; it was sold out from the beginning.

Thing is it's one of the only franchises in history that has kept a largley consistent continuity and done a really good job at world building across all mediums.

Besides, KOTOR II was anything but a masterpiece. The ending was rushed, truncated rubbish that mostly didn't make sense.  The products from Lucasarts that I've seen are of far more consistent quality than the outsourced stuff.

Oh come on Jonathan. KOTOR II was absolutely fantastic. It is by no means Obsidions fault that the gamewas rushed for a holiday release.  That's on LucasArts as a publisher. also with The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod and M4-78 Enhanced Project it is certainly a masterpiece if not greater. Obsidion knows how to make an engaging story and intriguing characters better then any other developer out there in my opinion .

Quote"Thing is it's one of the only franchises in history that has kept a largley consistent continuity and done a really good job at world building across all mediums."

Citation needed.

Quote from: tnu on May 11, 2014, 04:10:14 PM
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Cop out.

Can you give us a real reason why should we care? And why it actually matters so much that something that is entirely made up is not considered canon with something else that is entirely made up? What exactly do you think you've lost here?

It's very complicated and very personal Vector.