Rocket Power

The Bugs Bunny/Loony Tunes/Merrie Melodies/Termite Terrace crowd
Any Tex Avery character

Yeah, I'm old-school.

Quote from: MrBogosity on March 16, 2014, 02:26:15 PM
Any Tex Avery character

Yeah, I'm old-school.

Here are some of my favorite scenes from those shows.

Spoilers bellow.

[yt]gt1V61SPI_w[/yt]

[yt]9-k5J4RxQdE[/yt]

What about Tom and Jerry

Quote from: MrBogosity on March 16, 2014, 02:26:15 PM
Any Tex Avery character

Yeah, I'm old-school.

But not old enough to have seen all of them.  There are some quite nasty ones from WWII that haven't been in general circulation since before we were born. (Shane and I happen to be almost the same age.)

Quote from: evensgrey on March 17, 2014, 08:45:32 AM
But not old enough to have seen all of them.  There are some quite nasty ones from WWII that haven't been in general circulation since before we were born. (Shane and I happen to be almost the same age.)

You can look around and find them. There are some great ones Bob Clampett did with a lot of people from the underground LA jazz scene, to get their music in the public eye. Of course, they animated characters based on all of them. And for some reason they're considered "racist" and can't be shown.

Quote from: MrBogosity on March 17, 2014, 12:23:51 PM
You can look around and find them. There are some great ones Bob Clampett did with a lot of people from the underground LA jazz scene, to get their music in the public eye. Of course, they animated characters based on all of them. And for some reason they're considered "racist" and can't be shown.

The same reason Jar-Jar Binks is considered racist:  People don't know the difference between caricatures of specific people and stereotypes. Our Gang/Little Rascals gets the same treatment for the original Buckwheat (who does conform to a stereotype, but all the characters in that series do), never mind what it meant (and the opposition it generated) to have a black and white children being friends.

On the other hand, there are some quite nasty depictions of Japanese people in some of the WWII-era propaganda cartoons (replete with buck teeth and coke-bottle glasses).

March 17, 2014, 03:45:42 PM #6 Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 03:48:07 PM by D
I'm not sure if you would count these because they weren't necessarily aimed towards children, but since they're animated, I'm counting them anyway.

The Simpsons, King of the Hill, and The Critic.

The Critic is heavily underrated and was one of the best during its time.

[yt]uGHXrbAVa_s[/yt]

[yt]ikZEio9pet4[/yt]

[yt]jiguDe8ZZQQ[/yt]

[yt]O6T2nRAazrY[/yt]

Quote from: D on March 17, 2014, 03:45:42 PM
I'm not sure if you would count these because they weren't necessarily aimed towards children, but since they're animated, I'm counting them anyway.

The Simpsons, King of the Hill, and The Critic.

[yt]uGHXrbAVa_s[/yt]

[yt]ikZEio9pet4[/yt]

[yt]jiguDe8ZZQQ[/yt]

[yt]O6T2nRAazrY[/yt]

Sure why not

Quote from: evensgrey on March 17, 2014, 01:52:20 PM
On the other hand, there are some quite nasty depictions of Japanese people in some of the WWII-era propaganda cartoons (replete with buck teeth and coke-bottle glasses).

They did the same kind of thing with the Germans, too.

Quote from: D on March 17, 2014, 03:45:42 PM

The Critic was awesome!

And since we're counting half-hour network cartoons, I gotta give it up for Futurama and Freakazoid!

Quote from: MrBogosity on March 17, 2014, 05:27:51 PM
The Critic was awesome!

And since we're counting half-hour network cartoons, I gotta give it up for Futurama and Freakazoid!

How about animaniacs?

March 17, 2014, 09:24:33 PM #11 Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 09:32:03 PM by Ibrahim90
Quote from: Skm1091 on March 16, 2014, 12:36:17 PM
Heres a list of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid

Scooby doo (I approve)
Hey Arnold (football headed-abomination)
Spongebob (I approve)
Chalk Zone (I approve)
Dexters Laboratory (kinda creepy)
Cat Dog (dystopian in character)
Code Name Kids Next Door (hate this show)
Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends (didn't watch it much)
Atomic Betty (never watched it)
PowerPuffGirls (hated it)
Teen Titans (dangerously nearing NAMBLA zone)
Jackie Chan Adventures (awesome!)
Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi Show (never heard of it)
Rugrats (meh)
Rocket Power (never heard of it)

I really grew up on Tom and Jerry, Bugs bunny, and Ed, Edd and Eddy. we didn't have the same types of censorship in Kuwait (basically as long as there's no sex or blasphemy, it was OK), so I got to watch all the Bugs bunny cartoons. man were some of them messed up--as some here noted.

also, the Critic is awesome, as is Futurama. Bender in particular is a favorite character for me and my brother (especially alfter this scene:)

[yt]e4kRY9McZ1w[/yt]
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on March 17, 2014, 09:24:33 PM
I really grew up on Tom and Jerry, Bugs bunny, and Ed, Edd and Eddy. we didn't have the same types of censorship in Kuwait (basically as long as there's no sex or blasphemy, it was OK), so I got to watch all the Bugs bunny cartoons. man were some of them messed up--as some here noted.

also, the Critic is awesome, as is Futurama. Bender in particular is a favorite character for me and my brother (especially alfter this scene:)

[yt]e4kRY9McZ1w[/yt]

What's your guys opinion on MLP

March 17, 2014, 11:01:20 PM #13 Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 11:04:08 PM by D
Quote from: Skm1091 on March 17, 2014, 10:01:50 PM
What's your guys opinion on MLP

Not for me.

Also, if we're going to talk about shows from our childhoods I'll add some others.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Transformers
X-Men
Batman: The Animated Series
Spider-Man
Ren & Stimpy

Quote from: D on March 17, 2014, 11:01:20 PM
Not for me.

Also, if we're going to talk about shows from our childhoods I'll add some others.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Transformers
X-Men
Batman: The Animated Series
Spider-Man
Ren & Stimpy

I wondered why the bronies liked MLP too. When I watched the show it actually wasn't bad, infact I would even go as far as saying it's pretty good. It didn't seem like a really kiddy show like blues clues but a mix of shows like faily oddparents, powerpuff girls, and spongebob.

X-men Evolution
Extreme Dinosaurs

Seriously just by looking at the opening you can tell the show's are awesome

[yt]SqgJ6wzSW8k[/yt]
[yt]eqW-rbhYpy0[/yt]

Oh I also forgot Mucha Lucha

[yt]Pe_U6pdtu1Q[/yt]