BBE/IE-DFWBrysco

Started by Dallas Wildman, February 23, 2014, 05:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
The quote:
"The "right to refuse service to anyone" was enacted along with and specifically for black people with the Jim Crow laws.

Likewise, the legal right to refuse service was removed when the Jim Crow laws were revoked. As stated, if you have a commercial license, you are required to serve any and all.

However, there is a gray area - if you have a specific reason for refusing service to someone, you may do so. For instance, if you own a bar and you have an inebriated customer, you can refuse to serve that person.

However, that refusal option is not meant to discriminate against an entire class of people.. that's where you will get into trouble. While it might be obvious to event planners/caterers, etc. how would say, a store owner or restauranteur know if someone is gay if they came in alone? Only by stereotyping and profiling, and that is where they would get in trouble. "

The Thread:
http://www.i-am-bored.com/forums.asp?action=read&ct=10&q_id=94623&read_page=1#

Someone SERIOUSLY does NOT understand the concept of freedom of association.

BTW: My username for this forum is Cajun247, I've been wanting to change it since as I'm not actually from Louisiana or West Texas.  Look for the Somalia pic.
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.

He doesn't even understand where rights come from!

QuoteIdeally there wouldn't be any need for even this discussion to take place. Unfortunately, this is not an ideal world and there have been times and places in this country where people couldn't meet their needs because of people who exercised their right to refuse service. Sometimes distasteful rules have to be made.

UGH!!!
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote"Without making a personal judgement on the ADA, it's one of those laws that eats away at small business. Only large businesses can really afford to make places handicap accessible."

Are you f-ing kidding me? A ramp, a few handholds, widen some doorways and maybe add a wheelchair accessible toilet stall? That sort of thing? That's going to kill a small business? Then it deserves to fail. I did ALL of that in my own HOME for my old mother-in-law on a tight budget and with my own sweat.

Gimme a break.
Wow, this asshole has never worked at a small restaurant has he? A door by itself can be super expensive.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on February 23, 2014, 04:36:14 PM
Wow, this asshole has never worked at a small restaurant has he? A door by itself can be super expensive.

A drunk customer broke the window of the front door where I work and I was told it can cost 2k to fix so unless he has that kind of funding in his couch cushions, he might want to just STFU.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Even that aside, he only had to modify his home for one person's particular disability. The ADA requires you to accommodate EVERYONE'S disabilities!

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on February 23, 2014, 04:36:14 PM

Doors are also often structural, so widening them is not always possible.

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on February 23, 2014, 06:21:35 PM
A drunk customer broke the window of the front door where I work and I was told it can cost 2k to fix so unless he has that kind of funding in his couch cushions, he might want to just STFU.
Not to mention the loss of business during the repair. Hell, when we remodeled the private country club I work at, the remodel reduced our business for a month.
Lao Tzu

More stupid from this thread this time from Musuko42:

" 'what right do you or government have to tell people what they can and cannot do with their own property?'

I own this knife! It's my property! How DARE the government tell me I'm not allowed to go stick it in the stomach of a stranger out on the street!

...you're an idiot, you know that?"

Dude OMG just shutup before you say more stupid 5h17 already!
Working every day to expose the terrible price we pay for government.