dumbest creationist strawmans ever

Started by thelastgrungekid, July 12, 2009, 05:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
post the dumbest strawmans / arguments against evolution you have ever seen/herd of

this should be fun  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Shouldn't this be in the episode 2: Creationism forum?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

oops, well it can still be in general discussion as well because it covers all areas, but i can start this again in the creationist forum if you like?

I'll move it. Wasn't someone talking about forming a Wiki for this?

don't know , haven't been here that long lol

Well, PZ Myers just so happens to have written this.

Quote from: MrBogosity on July 12, 2009, 06:39:53 PM
I'll move it. Wasn't someone talking about forming a Wiki for this?
We were talking about a Libertarian Wiki, I do believe, not a creationist/evolution wiki.  That's all that I can recall.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"

OK, my bad. Besides, we've already got SkepticWiki for the creationist stuff anyway.

And talk.origins and iron chariots.

Evolution violates the second law of thermodynamics is pretty stupid

Quote from: Tom S. Fox on July 15, 2009, 12:41:02 PM
Why do you bring that up?

I hear it all the damn time. I live in the bible belt.

Back on topic:
"We're the product of random chance?"
"If you support evolution being taught in schools, you're supporting social darwinism/survival of the fittest!"
"Evolutionists believe everything came from nothing."

July 16, 2009, 02:37:02 PM #14 Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 02:42:08 PM by Tom S. Fox
Quote from: BZ987654 on July 15, 2009, 12:56:46 PM
I hear it all the damn time. I live in the bible belt.

Oh, sorry, I forgot what the actual topic of the thread was. It isn't as much a strawman as it is a plain falsehood, though.

Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on July 15, 2009, 01:24:11 PM
"Evolutionists believe everything came from nothing."

Yeah, that one pisses me off, too. I once wrote to somebody on YouTube: ,,ATHEISTS DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING CAME OUT OF NOTHING, YOU IDIOT!!!"

That moron then quote-mined me as: ,,EVERYTHING CAME OUT OF NOTHING, YOU IDIOT!!!" — even though everyone could see what I actually wrote — and proceeded to mock the strawman he built.

Fucking idiots.