A good idea for a book

Started by Virgil0211, June 27, 2009, 02:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I just had a thought- What if someone made a book or a collected archive of all the arguments that statist woos tend to use against freedom and the free market with the appropriate rebuttals and related information (or links to said data)? It'd make arguing for our freedoms much more efficient, and a pretty good read for those interested in the subject if written properly.

Sounds good to me!!!  ;D
We could start with the arguments presented on this forum, and on Shane's videos.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Sounds like a good wiki project to me.

Agreed.
It reminds me of the iron chariots wiki from Atheist Experience.

Now the only question, is how do Virgil0211 and I get access to our own wiki?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

I could probably set one up here. I've never set one up before, though.

We'll make an anti-Mike Huben website/webpage

he has a whole site dedicated to criticizing libertarianism

Quote from: 11mc22 on June 27, 2009, 03:18:17 PM

Or ANTI-HOVIND!!!

Quote from: 11mc22 on June 27, 2009, 03:18:17 PM

Yeah, pretty much all of it's been refuted for something like a decade. Really, it's like the creationist sites.

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 27, 2009, 08:08:31 PM
Yeah, pretty much all of it's been refuted for something like a decade. Really, it's like the creationist sites.

Most of his links don't work

But he also has a blog if you search his name on google i think
Thats like the latest stuff he's done

What would be a good name for the Wiki?

Quote from: MrBogosity on June 28, 2009, 12:22:49 PM
What would be a good name for the Wiki?

my first thought was "guns of the patriots: arming you against the madness of statism", or something like that, but that may be copyrighted by Hideo Koijima. That was also the name of a massive nanomachine based network designed to manage soldiers engaged in combat.