Author Topic: Idiot Extraordinaire Nomination Jodie Laubenberg  (Read 1194 times)

Goaticus

• Bogon filter
  • Bogometer: -31
    • View Profile
Idiot Extraordinaire Nomination Jodie Laubenberg
« on: June 26, 2013, 12:42:55 AM »
Texas Representative Jodie Laubenberg for suggesting that rape kits not be performed because they "clean a woman out" somehow causing an abortion. Wrong on numerous levels.

evensgrey

• Cluon generator
  • Bogometer: -39
    • View Profile
Re: Idiot Extraordinaire Nomination Jodie Laubenberg
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 08:22:49 AM »
Now, if only there wasn't a multi-DECADE backlog of the damn things in many places, especially large cities.

Ibrahim90

• Podcast Co-Hosts
  • Bogometer: -44
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 12:10:34 PM »
Now, if only there wasn't a multi-DECADE backlog of the damn things in many places, especially large cities.

which wouldn't exist if we had no infernal war on some drugs...
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

evensgrey

• Cluon generator
  • Bogometer: -39
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 01:40:50 PM »
which wouldn't exist if we had no infernal war on some drugs...

I'm not so sure.  They don't cost all that much to run the tests on (at least not these days, it's got to be less than 20 years of cold storage), it seems that there's just no real will to get on with it in many cities.  I heard a radio interview with a DA who's been trying to get the backlog of rape kit testing worked through in her city, and she said that the current police chief seemed be want to do it, but his predecessor hasn't been interested.

Ibrahim90

• Podcast Co-Hosts
  • Bogometer: -44
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 02:40:02 PM »
I'm not so sure.  They don't cost all that much to run the tests on (at least not these days, it's got to be less than 20 years of cold storage), it seems that there's just no real will to get on with it in many cities.  I heard a radio interview with a DA who's been trying to get the backlog of rape kit testing worked through in her city, and she said that the current police chief seemed be want to do it, but his predecessor hasn't been interested.

you misunderstand: what I referred to were the huge resources being syphoned off of truly serious crimes, in favor of this "war". this means less money, and therefore greater inattention to running through the rape-kits.

there are other factors: police apathy, corruption, bureaucratic guff, etc.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox