How do creationists respond to this?

Started by Tom S. Fox, May 20, 2009, 04:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Since creationists reject that species change, they are forced to believe that all species that have ever existed must have lived together at some point in time. That would have been awfully cramped, wouldn't it? Does anyone know whether they have a rationalization for this? Do they just think god made up and created some new species after too many of the old ones died out?

They base it on "kinds," which works for them because they can make it mean whatever they need it to at the time.

The idea is, Noah took two of each kind on the Ark, and afterward, these kinds were able to diversify into all of the species we see today without it being macroevolution. Of course, this requires this form of microevolution to occur MUCH faster than we actually see it do in the natural world!

At the risk of posting a Red Herring, I thought Biologists made no distinction between "macro-" and "micro-" evolution?
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

They don't. I was giving the creationist view.

Quote from: MrBogosity on May 20, 2009, 06:15:48 PM
The idea is, Noah took two of each kind on the Ark, and afterward, these kinds were able to diversify into all of the species we see today without it being macroevolution. Of course, this requires this form of microevolution to occur MUCH faster than we actually see it do in the natural world!

Isn't that the super-evolution idea? It's incredible how they reject the real theory of evolution as ridiculous but accept this kind of nonsense. Well, I guess making sense is not a high priority when you try conform reality to a creation myth.

or maybe Satan planted the fossils

evil biologists are conspiring against god!!!

Quote from: 11mc22 on May 21, 2009, 01:40:17 AM

did the pope put you up to this LOL

Quote from: 11mc22 on May 21, 2009, 01:40:17 AM

I can only confirm the second point here. lol