Truth Hits You Like Katana Bricks (from Fail Quotes)

Started by R.E.H.W.R., March 28, 2013, 05:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on April 01, 2013, 03:22:43 PM
Whoops.
Proof you should always listen to your mother reading over your shoulder.

no worries.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Skm1091 on April 01, 2013, 08:47:03 PM
[yt]pqoh0okQ6Ho[/yt]

Not bad huh?

Your opinions?

Mike Loades and John Clements always improve a hostory documentary.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on April 01, 2013, 11:17:33 PM
Mike Loades and John Clements always improve a hostory documentary.

Better than than a lot of documentaries on the history channel that's for sure.

Quote from: Skm1091 on April 02, 2013, 10:44:18 PM
Better than than a lot of  on the history channel that's for sure.

The history channel has "documentaries"?
Thought is all was reality shows.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on April 02, 2013, 11:47:38 PM
The history channel has "documentaries"?
Thought is all was reality shows.

They use to have some documentaries but that was a long time ago. I haven't watched anything recent but I have heard some bad stuff. I did like some of their firearms documentaries, but they really don't show stuff like this anymore. Here is an example of one of those firearms documentaries.

[yt]41YKXF314Z4[/yt]

[yt]DhK1KvQPvSI[/yt]

[yt]QYA6nueqOo0[/yt]

Quote from: Skm1091 on April 03, 2013, 12:09:49 AM
They use to have some documentaries but that was a long time ago. I haven't watched anything recent but I have heard some bad stuff. I did like some of their firearms documentaries, but they really don't show stuff like this anymore. Here is an example of one of those firearms documentaries.

I was being sarcastic!
Lao Tzu

I think the only reason this didn't cut into the skin is that the pig hide has been left out.

[yt]nv7Zz-WdXUc[/yt]
Lao Tzu

[yt]DY8hJofI9b8[/yt]

[yt]x2xbEyh8hyA[/yt]

[yt]qzSND3MOqWs[/yt]

This documentary shows the diversity of Chinese weapons and it goes into the legends and accounts of their uses. It also goes into the different schools of martial arts that formed through out their history.

Couple notes.: I was surprised that they never mentioned the blast furnace that was developed during the Han dynasty, cause swords made from using blast furnaces were said to be extremely high quality or so I've heard.

If the Ming swords were indeed that bad all i can say is just wow.

You can also use this against people who are for gun control. If they call gun right advocates old fashioned, just tell them that you believe in something that goes all the way back to Ancient China.

They are good. Those maces are defiantly not made for really heavy duty armor like plate.
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on April 08, 2013, 02:43:37 PM
They are good. Those maces are defiantly not made for really heavy duty armor like plate.

Chinese usually had scale, lamellar, or coat of plates.

I'm pretty sure they could have come up with something if they encountered European plate armor seeing how diverse their weapons were.

Quote from: Skm1091 on April 08, 2013, 03:20:20 PM
Chinese usually had scale, lamellar, or coat of plates.

I'm pretty sure they could have come up with something if they encountered European plate armor seeing how diverse their weapons were.

Probably, I don't think it would help. Then, again I'm biased.
Not sure what they could have done against the European lance.

Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on April 08, 2013, 04:32:16 PM
Probably, I don't think it would help. Then, again I'm biased.
Not sure what they could have done against the European lance.

A lance? I'm pretty sure that they find ways to counter it. they could build traps, dig pits that horses could fall into or make a lance of their own. A lance is basically a thick giant spear after all.

QuoteThey are good. Those maces are defiantly not made for really heavy duty armor like plate.

I don't know. That giant hammer looks like it can do some damage. Even if it does not kill it can defiantly maim to the point of being taken out of battle.

Quote from: Skm1091 on April 08, 2013, 05:07:58 PM
A lance? I'm pretty sure that they find ways to counter it. they could build traps, dig pits that horses could fall into or make a lance of their own. A lance is basically a thick giant spear after all.

Problem with pit traps is that they take time and effort to make. Maybe if it was a siege or they were protecting a town.
The Chinese did have lances, but they were alot like the ones Europeans first used, which were long spears.

European lances were more for shock strikes, made for hitting an enemy hard, with very narrow points.
Another thing people mistake is the the lances broke when they hit someone, tournament ones did that so people were less likely to be killed.

QuoteI don't know. That giant hammer looks like it can do some damage. Even if it does not kill it can defiantly maim to the point of being taken out of battle.

Problem is that, that hammer can be heavy, but its reach is pretty short compared to a lance, and most knights carried kite shaped shields, that protected both men and the horse.
Lao Tzu