Truth Hits You Like Katana Bricks (from Fail Quotes)

Started by R.E.H.W.R., March 28, 2013, 05:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteProblem is that, that hammer can be heavy, but its reach is pretty short compared to a lance, and most knights carried kite shaped shields, that protected both men and the horse.

I thought you meant combat on foot. Chinese had shields as well much like this

Here's the difference.

"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

April 08, 2013, 10:36:03 PM #47 Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:41:49 PM by Skm1091
Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on April 08, 2013, 10:07:30 PM
Here's the difference.

One of the image is not showing up.

I think I have seen this shield before. This was also used by the Normans and the Saxons, am I correct?

Quote from: Skm1091 on April 08, 2013, 10:36:03 PM
One of the image is not showing up.

I think I have seen this shield before. This was also used by the Normans and the Saxons, am I correct?
Which one? I can see them both.

Its were it was first used in cavalry.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on April 08, 2013, 10:49:57 PM
Which one? I can see them both.

Its were it was first used in cavalry.

Top one, at least on my  computer

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on April 08, 2013, 10:52:14 PM
http://www.thearma.org/essays/knightvs.htm

the essay is right: depends on a lot of variables.

And frankly now, the only way the question would be any more pointless was if it's a knight v. a faris....

"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on April 09, 2013, 02:11:18 AM
the essay is right: depends on a lot of variables.

And frankly now, the only way the question would be any more pointless was if it's a knight v. a faris....

by a faris do you mean Furusiyya?
Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on April 09, 2013, 04:12:05 AM
by a faris do you mean Furusiyya?

they're related: Furusiyya was and is the art of being a knight (or in Arabic, a "faris"). It's kind of equivalent to chivalry, but is understood to refer to more than just the code.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on April 09, 2013, 06:08:29 PM

they're related: Furusiyya was and is the art of being a knight (or in Arabic, a "faris"). It's kind of equivalent to chivalry, but is understood to refer to more than just the code.

would like to see a doc. about it.
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on April 09, 2013, 07:09:49 PM
would like to see a doc. about it.

good luck with that....I have looked for years, and found none. some scattering of stuff courtesy of Terry Jones (the Monty Python one). most of it is in book form: the more famous (to the west), is the Persian version, which is the earlier of the two--the ones who fought the Romans, and later their Byzantine successors: the Persians called them Savaran or something.

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on April 09, 2013, 08:32:55 PM
good luck with that....I have looked for years, and found none. some scattering of stuff courtesy of Terry Jones (the Monty Python one). most of it is in book form: the more famous (to the west), is the Persian version, which is the earlier of the two--the ones who fought the Romans, and later their Byzantine successors: the Persians called them Savaran or something.

Speaking of Persians

[yt]b61XHRfFQmk[/yt]

[yt]oKQ2Abc55j8[/yt]

[yt]69_Rc_EYlQA[/yt]

[yt]DeplY1pkjzg[/yt]

The fail here is the comments by Sushant Reddy.

[yt]xtTJwDUiDp8[/yt]
Lao Tzu