Gender Pay Gap

Started by ArtemisVale, April 10, 2014, 10:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Im trying to find the studies that show the difference between the gender pay gaps on aggregate as oppossed to comparing pay between men and women in the same profession and hours. Can i get some help?
Avatar image by Darkworkrabbit on deviantart

I havent' found studies but there is this video

[yt]EwogDPh-Sow[/yt]

Im trying to find studies to show to my professor. He think the 77% thing is for the same profession rather than the aggregate, which is actually closer to 95%

Did you try asking him, "If it was really that easy, why would anyone hire a man?"
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

In order to have a fair comparison, it would have to be the same (or very similar) profession, the same hours, the same experience (this is the one those making the 77% claim tend to gloss over, for reasons discussed previously on many occasions). I'm not sure what the aggregate would be.

I might look through the studies comparing the same professions and see if any of them compared time away from work, as well as pay.

Quote from: Travis Retriever on April 10, 2014, 11:57:47 PM
Did you try asking him, "If it was really that easy, why would anyone hire a man?"

Yes, multiple times, but then he brings up the boys club.

Quote from: AnCapBrony on April 11, 2014, 01:07:52 AM
Yes, multiple times, but then he brings up the boys club.

All business men are so determined to preserve some phantom boys club that they're willing to take a financial loss to do it....sure....

Tell your proffessor "You know, here's an idea just crazy enough to work.  How about before you go shooting your mouth off about a certain group, you actually try talking with a few of them."
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

There is an article in today's Slate claiming that "paternity leave is no longer controversial in the United States". (And there is a link to a "source", but it's a different article by the same person) Since when?

I mean I am aware that some larger companies offer it, and I believe the FLSA says if you offer it to one parent, you have to offer it to the other; but that doesn't make it "not controversial".