Truth Hits You Like Katana Bricks (from Fail Quotes)

Started by R.E.H.W.R., March 28, 2013, 05:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 28, 2013, 05:44:27 PM Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 09:23:20 AM by MrBogosity
[yt]cYxxk0TjhJ8[/yt]
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

March 28, 2013, 06:13:59 PM #1 Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 08:44:50 PM by Skm1091
Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on March 28, 2013, 05:44:27 PM
[yt]cYxxk0TjhJ8[/yt]

What the hell are they talking about? The Jian CAN cut and slash like any other sword. There were also two handed variants with broader blades like their European counterparts. And the ancient Chinese were also pretty good metallurgist so these were not some poorly made iron bars either.

[yt]zcLH9p-mKsY[/yt]

Quote from: Skm1091 on March 28, 2013, 06:13:59 PM
What the hell are they talking about? The Jian CAN cut and slash like any other sword. There were also two handed variants with broader blades like their European counterparts. And the ancient Chinese were also pretty good metallurgist so these were not some poorly made iron bars either.

[yt]zcLH9p-mKsY[/yt]

that part in bold is an understatement. the sword in the link blew my brains out the first time I saw it. And it's hardly an isolated example.

and that was in Bronze: the steel examples blow my mind even more.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on March 28, 2013, 09:34:13 PM
that part in bold is an understatement. the sword in the link blew my brains out the first time I saw it. And it's hardly an isolated example.

Worst part is cutting something doesn't even need a sharp edge.
[yt]58NVoTocUOk[/yt]
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

March 28, 2013, 10:50:17 PM #4 Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 10:57:31 PM by Ibrahim90
Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on March 28, 2013, 10:10:21 PM
[yt]58NVoTocUOk[/yt]

ah, this one reminds me:

[yt]nXbLyVpWsVM[/yt]

yeah, even the Europeans could do it (though granted, they had to get the ingots from Persia and Afghanistan form the looks of it: still, they kept it clean, and used the properties to good effect).

and I have posted something in favorite quotes.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on March 28, 2013, 10:10:21 PM
[yt]58NVoTocUOk[/yt]

The sword can also be used to bludgeon an opponent, am I correct? European weapons and fighting techniques are really underestimated aren't they? Chinese weapons (if you take out the wushu stuff)  are also underestimated in some ways.  BTW maybe we should put this in another forum. Remember last time? *chuckle*

March 29, 2013, 11:02:34 AM #6 Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:08:21 AM by surhotchaperchlorome
Shane, you can maybe move the talk of swords to another topic?

Back to ze fail quotes, guys! :P
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

March 29, 2013, 11:25:07 AM #7 Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 01:21:35 PM by MrBogosity
Quote from: surhotchaperchlorome on March 29, 2013, 11:02:34 AM
Shane, you can maybe move the talk of swords to another topic?

I did earlier, and you posted in the new topic.  :P

I think guys will really like this

[yt]As1rGnx9vng[/yt]

Quote from: VectorM on March 29, 2013, 01:16:27 PM
Weeeeelp

you lost me there.

@ skm1091: thanks!

-Jesse Cox

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on March 30, 2013, 02:28:32 AM
you lost me there.

your welcome

Going back to Chinese, what do you guys think of this?

[yt]JvmFAoNJS68&list=PL738C0719C63E043C[/yt]

You hear a lot about japan and Western Europe but you rarely see stuff on Ancient China.

[yt]SYJZ_HJATF0[/yt]

Quotethat part in bold is an understatement. the sword in the link blew my brains out the first time I saw it. And it's hardly an isolated example.

I believe you are talking about the sword of Gou Jian, the ruler of the state of Yue during the warring states period(475-221 B.C)

Quote from: Ibrahim90 on March 30, 2013, 02:28:32 AM
you lost me there.

Often a way of saying "Well" but more more exaggerated or something. :P
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Quote from: Skm1091 on March 30, 2013, 06:28:45 PM
You hear a lot about japan and Western Europe but you rarely see stuff on Ancient China.

And usually what you hear about ancient china is crap by biased martial artist, who are drunk on the arts own "greatness"
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on March 30, 2013, 07:29:25 PM
And usually what you hear about ancient china is crap by biased martial artist, who are drunk on the arts own "greatness"

Lol. Finding good stuff is hard isn't?

Anywhere near as embellished as the Japanese? I don't think so.

They don't seem talk about Ancient Chinese (Zhao, Warring States Qin, Han etc).  They seem to talk more about Shaolin Kung Fu and Wushu these don't come until later. Some argue that Shaolin is where Chinese fighting arts originated, which is absolute bullshit because there are accounts that go back even further.

They don't really talk much about weapons either.

There is embellishment in every culture that has experienced war I suppose. Remember the 300 Spartans at Thermopylae? Herodotus was the one who wrote about this and this guy is said to be wildly inaccurate with his numbers. It is hard to believe that any nation at that time could even field and maintain an army that huge. 

BTW what you think of the videos?