Author Topic: Pope resigning  (Read 1313 times)

AnCap Dave

• Sarcasitron collider
  • Bogometer: -4
    • AOL Instant Messenger - The+Mephisto+D
    • View Profile
    • The Crazy World of IronFury
    • Email
Pope resigning
« on: February 11, 2013, 06:25:52 AM »
Source

VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Benedict XVI has announced that he will resign Feb. 28, the first pontiff to do so in nearly 600 years. The decision sets the stage for a conclave to elect a new pope before the end of March.

The 85-year-old pope announced his decision in Latin during a meeting of Vatican cardinals Monday morning.

He said that because of his advanced age and diminishing strength, he didn’t feel he could carry on the job.

Good. Let him rot for the rest of his miserable old life.

Ibrahim90

• Podcast Co-Hosts
  • Bogometer: -44
    • View Profile
Re: Pope resigning
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 03:02:38 PM »
well, if the trend of the last few popes is a clue, you're only going to see a worse character than him to replace him on the papal throne.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

BogosityForumUser

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 10:56:54 PM »
What you also need to look for is the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes.  Many people believe that the pope that will be elected is the last one and that the end times are coming.  I wonder how long it will take until that becomes common knowledge due to news coverage, just like the whole Mayan 2012 thing.

Skm1091

• Bogon filter
  • Bogometer: -29
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 02:30:36 AM »
What you also need to look for is the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes.  Many people believe that the pope that will be elected is the last one and that the end times are coming.  I wonder how long it will take until that becomes common knowledge due to news coverage, just like the whole Mayan 2012 thing.

Those prophecies are so vague. So as predictions they are actually pretty useless. Think of Nostradamus. Sure some of the stuff that he says may sound scary and accurate but if you look at them closely they are so vague that anyone can shoehorn and retro fit events to make them seem like they are true. 

http://www.randi.org/encyclopedia/Saint%20Malachy's%20prophecies.html

Lord T Hawkeye

• Podcast Co-Hosts
  • Bogometer: -47
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Lord+T+Hawkeye
    • View Profile
    • Play Time
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 08:36:35 PM »
I remember Randi talking about how out of 5000 predictions, only 104 times does Nostradamus specify a person, place or date.  104 out of 104, he was wrong.  Every time Nostradamus was specific, he was wrong.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...