One more against public schools

Started by Travis Retriever, February 05, 2013, 05:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
[yt]Ke_QNPW37Hw[/yt]

Mother of God.
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world—'No. You move.'"
-Captain America, Amazing Spider-Man 537

Yeah, I saw stories like these throughout the year last year.

Hell, one school in Connecticut had a similar idea, except instead of a padded room they would just put them in a storage closet and let them go hog wild, and it was primarily done to kids who suffer from autism.

Oh. My. God.

You never, ever, ever, EVER restrain an autistic child. They will struggle to get free, and unlike the rest of us they won't stop short of breaking limbs or ribs.

Quote from: MrBogosity on February 05, 2013, 05:47:06 PM
Oh. My. God.

You never, ever, ever, EVER restrain an autistic child. They will struggle to get free, and unlike the rest of us they won't stop short of breaking limbs or ribs.

Yeah, it's truly a horrifying thing that the schools did. There is even a report of blood on the walls and urine in the rooms.

FUCKING BASTARDS!!! >:(

This absolutely makes my blood boil! >:(

If these teachers one day had a lynch mob come after them I will feel absolutely no pity or remorse for them!

Imagine if the cops had been involved.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

sickening.

it just is. It's beyond any other description at this point.
"All you guys complaining about the possibility of guy on guy relationships...you're also denying us girl on girl.  Works both ways if you know what I mean"

-Jesse Cox

As I said on a previous story about teachers abusing autistic children, if a teacher had pulled something like that on my brother I would have done something pretty similar to what Dexter does to serial killers.

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on February 05, 2013, 08:00:36 PM
Imagine if the cops had been involved.

Most jurisdictions probably have more protections for people being detained by the cops than children being 'disciplined' by school officials.

This stuff makes me sick.  I went off on a rant on isolation rooms in the last story about that, so I won't repeat it here.  But 4 quick notes:  1. If you look at the other students, they don't even react because that is what is considered "normal."  2  I'm still not sure what behavior they were correcting, as he seemed to have reined in.  3.  Skin shock therapy, according to the quick literature search I did, does not seem to be any more effective than than other forms of aversion therapy and in quite a few studies is actually significantly (in the technical usage) less so because the negative stimulus is so far removed from the behavior they are trying to condition.  4.  Even if it is effective in treating behavior issues, it could only be so with properly trained users with proper equipment with proper usage(just like the isolation rooms) BUT SCHOOLS NEVER WANT TO DO THAT.