I actually am starting to hate Obama.

Started by R.E.H.W.R., October 22, 2012, 09:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
You know I hear Obama go on about how disastrous Mitt Romney foreign policy is and the first thing out of my mouth is, "Hey, moron! Last Time I checked, you've been murdering thousands the past 3.5 years. Maybe more than Bush." Provided, Romney isn't any better, But, Obama is an idiot to act like his foreign policy is better. Obama is still a murderer.
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

And yet, all the lefty liberal people I follow on twitter tacitly believe that "at least he's better than Romney, so he get my vote."

I've never voted for a major party in the last three elections (I've been able to vote since '05).

Quote from: ebalosus on October 23, 2012, 02:21:16 AM
And yet, all the lefty liberal people I follow on twitter tacitly believe that "at least he's better than Romney, so he get my vote."

I've never voted for a major party in the last three elections (I've been able to vote since '05).
This kind of stupidity?
"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be."
Lao Tzu

Wait, wait..."For any realistic hope of change, vote for the guy who's been in charge for the last four years"? How far gone do you need to be in order to even THINK that?

Quote from: MrBogosity on October 23, 2012, 10:24:15 AM
Wait, wait..."For any realistic hope of change, vote for the guy who's been in charge for the last four years"? How far gone do you need to be in order to even THINK that?

You're assuming that they think.
Lao Tzu

I actually started hating Obama in 2008 when as a Senator he voted for FISA while campaigning against Bush's intrusive violations of privacy.

That's my response to a vast number of statist solutions.

"I don't even have to explain why that's a bad idea.  Do you not understand that this has already been done?  It's already been done!"
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on November 03, 2012, 11:22:30 PM
That's my response to a vast number of statist solutions.

"I don't even have to explain why that's a bad idea.  Do you not understand that this has already been done?  It's already been done!"

Yeah, but it wasn't done the RIGHT way!

November 04, 2012, 01:00:47 AM #9 Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:02:48 AM by Lord T Hawkeye
Quote from: MrBogosity on November 03, 2012, 11:29:28 PM
Yeah, but it wasn't done the RIGHT way!

And that's already been said too.

Signs of a dead philosophy, when nothing new is ever brought to the table.  It's just recycling the same party line and hoping you don't notice.

I wonder if it's the same phenomenon that causes people to keep watching the Transformers movies hoping they'll be good this time despite all evidence saying it won't be.
I recently heard that the word heretic is derived from the greek work heriticos which means "able to choose"
The more you know...

Quote from: Lord T Hawkeye on November 04, 2012, 01:00:47 AM
And that's already been said too.

Many, many times. As if no one had ever thought of it before. As if no politician or bureaucrat ever thought of hiring experts to do lots of research to find the "right" way it needs to be done. And as if those ways haven't failed again and again and again.

QuoteSigns of a dead philosophy, when nothing new is ever brought to the table.  It's just recycling the same party line and hoping you don't notice.

Something else they have in common with creationists.

QuoteI wonder if it's the same phenomenon that causes people to keep watching the Transformers movies hoping they'll be good this time despite all evidence saying it won't be.

Two guys are watching a movie. One leans over to the other:

One: I'll bet you $100 King Kong beats Godzilla.

Two: You're on!

At the end of the movie, King Kong is, in fact victorious, and the second guy pays up. But walking out of the theater, the first guy catches up with him.

One: Hey, I just wanted to give you your $100 back. I can't keep it. I have to confess: I saw this movie last week, so I knew how it would end.

Two: Oh, that's all right, I saw it last week, too. I just didn't think he could do it again!

Quote from: MrBogosity on November 04, 2012, 08:42:35 AM
Two guys are watching a movie. One leans over to the other:

One: I'll bet you $100 King Kong beats Godzilla.

Two: You're on!

At the end of the movie, King Kong is, in fact victorious, and the second guy pays up. But walking out of the theater, the first guy catches up with him.

One: Hey, I just wanted to give you your $100 back. I can't keep it. I have to confess: I saw this movie last week, so I knew how it would end.

Two: Oh, that's all right, I saw it last week, too. I just didn't think he could do it again!

As a child, I never found that joke very funny and you know why?  Because I thought it was too unrealistic that someone could be that dumb.  XD
Wasn't childhood fun?
The more you know...

I can not believe I used to support this sorry excuse for a president.

Quote from: Skm1091 on January 16, 2013, 05:31:58 PM
I can not believe I used to support this sorry excuse for a president.

Believe me, so did I.
Thank goodness for Penn and teller bullshit.
Lao Tzu

Quote from: R.E.H.W.R. on January 16, 2013, 08:55:13 PM
Believe me, so did I.
Thank goodness for Penn and teller bullshit.

Yeah, most people have that one election where they feel bad for voting for somebody.

Back in 2006, before I knew any better, I voted for Joe Lieberman.