vegetarian vs meat eater?

Started by 11mc22, April 09, 2009, 01:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've watched a TAA video response to a guy named Onision. The video's name is "Murder eaters".
I've realized now that there aren't many arguments to support a meat eating diet.

Vegetarians like to use the alien argument where if a super intelligent alien decided to eat you, it would suck.

Vegetarianism is good for health (just as long as you drink milk, eat eggs or fish for vitamin B12).

Vegetarianism is good for the environment since cows and animals release C02.

Vegetarianism is the most ethical because animals feel pain since they have a nervous system while vegetables and fruits don't.

There's the argument where because humans have large brains and they are responsible animals, humans don't have to eat meat like other Omnivores.

But I'll still eat meat regardless of what anyone tells me.

I find these arguments in particular to be bullshit... (I know you are not a veg. I am just replying to the arguments listed, not arguing with you...)

--
1st. ...Yes, I guess that would suck....(what kind of argument is this anyway?)

2nd. Not as good for health as eating meat. the body cannot get as much out of Products with fortified vitamins, as it can out of the real thing with unfortified vitamins. Besides anyone who calls themselves a vegetarian while still eating eggs and fish, is nothing more than a hypocrite.

3rd. If I am not mistaken aren't we having a hard enough time trying grow enough crops to feed the world already, without everyone only eating vegetables... It is easy to say this kind of stuff when we all live in a area of the world with enough money and resources to be able to complain about eating. Much of the world struggles for any food at all. It may possibly be better for the environment, but in return people starve. (and I am not even sure it is better for the environment. I don't know enough about it)

4th. So eating animals is unethical... Are lions unethical because they eat gazelles? Are birds unethical because they eat worms?... are you unethical if you walk down the street and step on an ant...? etc.

5th. If we did not need to eat meat, then why did natural selection deem it a worthy trait to keep...?
--

I dunno, I look at most of the Vegetarians I see and they do not look very healthy at all. Very pale, usually underweight....

lol

I guess cows also depend on our existence.
Not many would survive in the wild so I guess the best thing to do is demand more burgers.

Quote from: 11mc22 on April 09, 2009, 01:22:31 AM
Vegetarianism is good for the environment since cows and animals release C02.

Thereby contributing to global warming.

Edit: Woohoo, 300th post!

Quote from: Tom S. Fox on April 09, 2009, 02:35:21 AM

congrats

this is my 89th post

3 cheers for me

Quote from: Tom S. Fox on April 09, 2009, 02:35:21 AM
Thereby contributing to global warming.

woah wait a minute

you have 300 posts but why do you have 1 star only?
How does this star thing work?

I think I have only one star because I am a DVD Beta Tester.
Even though I haven't even managed to download that damn thing, yet.

Quote from: ffejpsycho on April 09, 2009, 02:05:08 AM2nd. Not as good for health as eating meat. the body cannot get as much out of Products with fortified vitamins, as it can out of the real thing with unfortified vitamins. Besides anyone who calls themselves a vegetarian while still eating eggs and fish, is nothing more than a hypocrite.

Tim Slagle has a hilarious routine about the different types of vegetarians. He says that a lot of them are just "fussy eaters" who are trying to make themselves look like they're not immature. He says it much funnier, of course.

Quote from: Tom S. Fox on April 09, 2009, 03:07:55 AM
I think I have only one star because I am a DVD Beta Tester.
Even though I haven’t even managed to download that damn thing, yet.
Hmm, I'll have to take care of that.

Thank you, Shane. And don't worry, I'm sure I will be able to download it this time!

By the way, you, too, had your 300th post in this thread!